Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom Paper Sizes in Epson Driver - Mac System  (Read 342 times)

pflower

Custom Paper Sizes in Epson Driver - Mac System
« on: December 27, 2021, 01:47:08 pm »

Am I going mad?  I had a computer failure which meant in fact buying a new 27 inch iMac and reinstalling the drivers for my Epson SC-P5000.  I appear somehow to have lost all the custom paper sizes I had created on the old system, so I set about creating new ones.  I know that I set up various 17x22 inch paper sizes for various camera formats and also 17x17 inch paper sizes for square pictures on the old system plus various other custom sizes - all created in the Epson driver in inches.  But on the newly installed driver the measurements for custom paper sizes are all in millimetres, there is no way to set things up in inches.

As far as I can tell the driver I am using is the most recent one and the same one that I used on the old system.  I can't work out how, or even if it is possible, to change the measurements to inches.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Thanks

Daverich

Re: Custom Paper Sizes in Epson Driver - Mac System
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2021, 04:41:26 pm »

Am I going mad?  I had a computer failure which meant in fact buying a new 27 inch iMac and reinstalling the drivers for my Epson SC-P5000.  I appear somehow to have lost all the custom paper sizes I had created on the old system, so I set about creating new ones.  I know that I set up various 17x22 inch paper sizes for various camera formats and also 17x17 inch paper sizes for square pictures on the old system plus various other custom sizes - all created in the Epson driver in inches.  But on the newly installed driver the measurements for custom paper sizes are all in millimetres, there is no way to set things up in inches.

As far as I can tell the driver I am using is the most recent one and the same one that I used on the old system.  I can't work out how, or even if it is possible, to change the measurements to inches.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Thanks

This is going to seem kind of out there but as it's a new computer, is there any chance that under System Preferences/Language & Region it's not set for where your are, perhaps some place that used millimeters instead of inches?

Daverich

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2021, 04:49:23 pm »

This is going to seem kind of out there but as it's a new computer, is there any chance that under System Preferences/Language & Region it's not set for where your are, perhaps some place that used millimeters instead of inches?

Also, under the advanced tab in the same dialog is the option to change from US to Metric or back.

pflower

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2021, 05:17:39 am »

No I thought of that - it is definitely set to UK and not metric measurements.

pflower

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2021, 07:29:13 am »

Finally worked it out.  The UK setting defaults to millimetres.  Changing to US in System Preferences returns the Epson Driver to inches. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up