Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One 22 - Panoramic Merge  (Read 6696 times)

Ray Harrison

Re: Capture One 22 - Panoramic Merge
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2022, 07:41:51 am »

Hi Ben,

Are you working with DB version or Pro?

The DB version merges files then becomes greyed out, not allowing further edit nor export. Not sure if that's been addressed or not, or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers
Gu

Hi Gu,
I'm not Ben but...it's a known issue with the DB version and is currently being worked.

Cheers,
Ray

Ben Rubinstein

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2022, 03:30:05 am »

I did a 21 image (27 megapixel RAW's) stitch yesterday. Straight stitch of a flat object in the studio, 40% overlap. C1 took half an hour before I gave up and cancelled it. PS took just 5 minutes and the result was perfect. Oh and I could apply my LCC's to the tif's before export and stitch. I don't mind using C1 on a 2-3 image stitch but for big stuff? Forget it. Waste of time and energy.

Jonathan Cross

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2022, 05:26:13 am »

Am I being stupid?  I use PTGui.  What is wrong with using that and exporting as a 16-bit Tiff for subsequent processing in C1, LR, PS or whatever?

Jonathan

Jonathan in UK

Balafre

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2022, 05:25:19 pm »

I suspect the now stand-alone C1 are under pressure by it's owners to innovate at all costs so they can up-sell existing users and siphon the profits, and they simply haven't sorted it properly. It's regrettable when the professional target market is used as a beta by developers, and insulting when we are made to pay for it.

Ferp

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2022, 07:38:43 pm »

Am I being stupid?  I use PTGui.  What is wrong with using that and exporting as a 16-bit Tiff for subsequent processing in C1, LR, PS or whatever?

I also have PTGui and hold it in high regard.  Have used it for a long time.  But I'd rather not have to create the 16-bit TIFFs as an intermediary file, which is why I went against my better judgement and bought the V22 upgrade when I had previously I said that I had been burnt once too often by upgrades that weren't worth it.  At this stage if I had my time again I would save my money, but that was the reason why I bought it.  If the pano functionality was better it would have been worth it to me for a simpler workflow and to save on storage.

dreed

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2022, 10:59:23 pm »

I've tried panorama merge (stitch) in V23 and I cannot see any improvements in image output of the merges. I wonder if the current state of play will remain "ad infinitum"?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up