Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any problems yet with installing/using Version 22  (Read 874 times)

RT

Any problems yet with installing/using Version 22
« on: December 09, 2021, 05:05:18 pm »

Hi,

Before I install the upgrade, I'm just wondering if anyone is having any problems with the installation and/or using the new version? I've been severely burned in the past by being an "early adopter" of several kinds of software, so I've gotten a little more cautious.  Thanks.

Rene

Ray Harrison

Re: Any problems yet with installing/using Version 22
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 09:48:56 pm »

No problems at this time on either an M1 Max machine or MBP core i9 machine from 2019.

dreed

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2021, 12:44:05 am »

Yup, if you're trying to evaluate C-1 v22, then activation of the trial must be done online - can't use the offline method.

HerveCornette

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2021, 01:58:44 am »

No problem with installing, but the software is not sccessfull.
The panorama works "randomly" depending on certain photos.
During the betas I tested on 3 panoramas of 7; 13; and 17 photos taken with the panoramic head and a 50mm with significant overlap, the same because overlap in the 3 panoramas. Well the one where a photo does not have "frank details (sea and wispy clouds) and well it does not create itself, I manage to do it in half but not entirely. I have provided the DNGs to Capture One, and they replied that they could not recreate it so it would be at my place ..........
They'll have to explain it to me differently. There I am still disappointed with the superficiality of their answer ...
If I process my photos and export them as TIFF, the panorama with Affinity is complete. This is the reason why I affirm that it is not successful and that the cost of the upgrade not justified.
As you can see from the screenshots, there is one of the two which is cut where there is practically only sea (5th and 6th photo of the second panorama).

dreed

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2021, 08:21:31 am »

The panorama works "randomly" depending on certain photos.

Agreed. Panorama merge is inferior to Lightroom & PTgui.
Pages: [1]   Go Up