Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Medium Format Experience Events  (Read 999 times)

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
Medium Format Experience Events
« on: December 09, 2021, 01:12:32 pm »

Edit:

I've now uploaded this to the Vimeo page and it is linked below.

We've been presenting a series of webinars focusing on medium format solutions - Fuji GFX, Phase One, Leica S, and now Hasselblad. I am posting this here for the Hasselblad event TONIGHT! @6:30PM EST, link below:

Medium Format Experience - Hasselblad

Even though we may seem a bit nervous in front of the camera (maybe I am speaking for myself?), we've enjoyed doing these, and also getting to spend time and hear the input from not just the manufacturer representatives from each company, but especially the talented photographers who use this gear.

Below are previous episodes. We hope to see you (or you see us) tonight!

Steve Hendrix/CI

« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 01:50:23 pm by Steve Hendrix »
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

Joe Towner

Re: Medium Format Experience Events
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 09:00:12 pm »

Thanks for doing these Steve, it's fun to see what others are shooting.

I didn't realize the XC 1.7x wasn't sold separately.  It's mind blowing that it's not a $999 buy now button on your site.

Really wish Hasselblad would commit to a lens or two on the X side.  It sounds like the H side is dead, which is really disappointing.
t: @PNWMF

Steve Hendrix

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2021, 12:24:05 am »

Thanks for doing these Steve, it's fun to see what others are shooting.

I didn't realize the XC 1.7x wasn't sold separately.  It's mind blowing that it's not a $999 buy now button on your site.

Really wish Hasselblad would commit to a lens or two on the X side.  It sounds like the H side is dead, which is really disappointing.

Thanks Joe.

I know - I don't understand the point of not offering the 1.7x Tele Converter as a separate later purchase if someone has purchased a 135mm/2.8 without it.

For my part, I think it would be worth it to at least offer an H7D-150 option with a new sensor. I think, in terms of the entire system, they're at the end of the road with what they can do to improve it, and the fork in the road in front of them is whether they feel it is worth it to create a brand new system (mirrorless?) for 54mm x 40mm sensors. But ... I suspect that outlook is a bit cloudy when it comes to forecasting profitability for that venture.

Chris did indicate that new X lenses were on the board. He mentioned a short zoom as a possibility. I'd like to see that, as well as a longer zoom (like a 75-150), and heck, why not a 400mm prime?

Steve Hendrix/CI

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2021, 05:05:52 am »

Looks like I have missed all of these but I would like to see them.  For some reason (Windows/Chrome) I cannot make the video go to full screen (there is no icon visible) so I'm stuck with a 2x3 inch view.  Any way to re-post links to allow full screen viewing Steve?

Thanks

Mike

EDIT : Ok, I noticed the Vimeo link when I clicked on the Share icon and it goes to the Vimeo website which shows a full screen icon.

Steve Hendrix

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2021, 06:25:39 pm »

Looks like I have missed all of these but I would like to see them.  For some reason (Windows/Chrome) I cannot make the video go to full screen (there is no icon visible) so I'm stuck with a 2x3 inch view.  Any way to re-post links to allow full screen viewing Steve?

Thanks

Mike

EDIT : Ok, I noticed the Vimeo link when I clicked on the Share icon and it goes to the Vimeo website which shows a full screen icon.

Yes, sorry Mike, I should have pointed that out, these link to the full size Vimeo presentations. I also added the Leica segment of the Medium Format Experience webinars just now. We'll have the Hasselblad segment up for those who missed it last night within the next week or so.

Steve Hendrix/CI

Joe Towner

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2021, 11:35:51 pm »

I would expect someone who purchased the 135mm expecting a longer lens, to then find out it would be years before they got one... The lack of individual sales impacts the ability for rental houses to rent the 1.7x.  As to new lens, I don't understand the push for a UWA zoom.  They'd sell a lot more 80-160, 100-200 or a longer prime - the 400mm would be amazing!

As much as I want to see a H7D happen, I can't see it working out.  Doing a new back, updated HC lenses, and some sort of commitment to keep the platform going.  That won't happen, and let's be honest, the IQ4 will take the next Sony chip without much work, and the BR lenses are up for it.

I think spending the time & money on a 907x II with the 100mp chip.  The digital back style would be better as it can be as large/deep as needed to fit the heat.  Do a dual pivoting screen like the GFX100.  Would be amazing to do a native HC -> XC tilt/shift adapter, without the 1.5x factor & autofocus.
t: @PNWMF

Steve Hendrix

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2021, 01:49:37 pm »

I've now added the Hasselblad event to our Vimeo page for those who missed it:

This can be viewed on the Vimeo page for a larger view than the display above.

Steve Hendrix/CI
Pages: [1]   Go Up