Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Qimage One: custom media types not showing  (Read 298 times)

erik.brammer@me.com

Qimage One: custom media types not showing
« on: November 29, 2021, 01:23:31 pm »

Hi all,

Let me post an email that I just sent to Mike and Andrew concerning a problem I have encountered today with Qimage One - for two reasons: Others might have experienced this before and know how to fix it, or others may face it in the future and are happy to find a solution here.

Hello Mike and Andrew,

I am using Qimage One on my iMac 27“ 2020 running the very latest version of Mac OS. Today I defined a new media type (Canson Infinity Baryta Photographique II matt 310) for my Epson P900 using the Epson Media Installer. Upon completion, I launched Qimage One and wanted to create a new set of printer settings for that paper, applying the correct profile etc. When I open the dropdown for Media Type, I saw that none of my custom media profiles, created with Epson Media Installer, are showing up in that list. They do show up in Epson Media Installer and in the printer user interface. I have closed all programs, restarted the Mac, restarted the printer - to no avail. Since these custom media types show in the Epson Media Installer and in the printer user interface, I suspect that Qimage One no longer retrieves all defined media types from the printer.

Also, when I load previously saved printer settings, Qimage One now show media size A6, portrait orientation, print resolution max (720 dpi), it doesn’t show the defined ICC profile but rather „Let printer/driver manage color“, sharpening is blank.

So it all seems to be messed up. If possible I would like to avoid having to setup all printer settings in Qimage One from scratch, but I don’t know where to start.

Can you offer advice?

Thanks,
Erik

erik.brammer@me.com

Re: Qimage One: custom media types not showing
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 02:21:45 pm »

Seems like I was able to fix the issue myself: I had moved Epson Media Installer one folder hierarchy level up to remove clutter from the Epson hierarchy on my Mac. When I ran the Epson Software Updater, it suggested to install a new version of Epson Media Installer: 1.2.2

I did so, and the custom media types now show up again in the media type dropdown in Qimage One.

I am not sure 1.2.2 is really a new version or whether Epson Media Installer doesn’t like to be moved around. But from now on I will leave it where Epson places it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up