Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Searching for a replacement of Harman by H. Gloss Art Fibre paper  (Read 689 times)

PhR

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 37

My favorite glossy paper is the Harman by Hahnemuhle Gloss Art Fibre Warmtone. It has been discontinued and I only have one roll left. 
Is it, by chance, still made under a different name or is there any other baryta paper having this nice slightly textured surface that I could use as replacement ?

Thanks.
Logged

pflower

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 476
Re: Searching for a replacement of Harman by H. Gloss Art Fibre paper
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 11:50:50 am »

I don't know if they will ship to France but I've been using papers from these people - https://www.paperspectrum.co.uk/pinnacle-photo-paper-15-c.asp

The Pinnacle range is very reasonably priced and very good.  I have been using their Cotton Rag 310 which is very nice indeed and much cheaper than Photo Rag (and very similar).  I did get some samples of their baryta papers in A4 size including their Warmtone Baryta and they seemed good but I've stuck with the Hahnemuhle Photo Gloss Baryta which I believe is the same as the former Harman Gloss Baryta.  I don't have much use for the warm tones any more - I did try the Ilford Warmtone Baryta and didn't like it at all.  I seem to have ended up with a lot of rolls of Fibraprint F Type Photo Gloss Warmtone which is good but I can't remember why or where I got it from.

Logged

PhR

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 37
Re: Searching for a replacement of Harman by H. Gloss Art Fibre paper
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2021, 02:42:20 am »

Thanks for these suggestions, I will try to get a sample pack.
Philippe
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up