Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oversaturation with windows 11 and Photoshop  (Read 807 times)

vjbelle

Oversaturation with windows 11 and Photoshop
« on: November 22, 2021, 04:54:10 pm »

There is an obvious over saturation conflict between Capture One and Photoshop and Windows 11.  Never happened before this and does not happen on my Mac platforms.  Any processed file produced by C1 is over saturated in Photoshop regardless of the C1 release. I can't figure out if this is a PS issue or C1 issue.  However it does require a Mac for accurate view and print.... at least at this time.

Is this only me?  I doubt it. 

VictorB

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
Re: Oversaturation with windows 11 and Photoshop
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 05:26:11 pm »

That looks like a color management issue. I cannot help you with windows 11, but this definitely does not happen in windows 10.
Make sure that your color settings have the right Color management Policies for RGB and preferably tick the option to Ask when opening for profile Mismatches (image attached).
Oversaturation occurs often due to opening a AdobeRGB or ProphotoRGB image as sRGB.

Edit: The previous statement was wrong. Oversaturation occurs when you open an image in a smaller gamut color space such as sRGB, as an AdobeRGB or ProphotoRGB image.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 09:10:38 pm by fdisilvestro »

vjbelle

Re: Oversaturation with windows 11 and Photoshop
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2021, 02:25:45 am »

I agree Windows 10 is rock solid.  I never had any issues for years.  Windows 11 has a bug somewhere with PS or PS has a bug with Windows 11 when looking with C1 processed files.  Everything processed in C1 is over saturated.  The images in bridge are also oversaturated.  I've checked my color settings and they are all synced and correct.  I am extremely careful about my color workflow.  Something is definitely amiss. I'm beyond 10 days for 11 so I can't revert back - at least not easily.

I processed a file through Topaz studio and it didn't have any issues.  This is definitely an issue with C1 and PS and 11.  A real head scratcher....

Victor B.
Pages: [1]   Go Up