Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom V1.0 visible on Amazon.com?  (Read 24816 times)

allenlux

Lightroom V1.0 visible on Amazon.com?
« on: January 03, 2007, 01:24:37 pm »

Could this be it?
http://www.amazon.com/Lightroom-Mlp-Retail...UTF8&s=software

The price is $204.99

You can add it to your shopping cart, but delivery is stated at 4-6 weeks, which is Amazon-speak for "sometime in the future", so probably not to be taken too literally.

John
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 02:57:25 am by allenlux »

61Dynamic

• http://
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 01:34:33 pm »

I think Amazon is just jumping the gun considering it's not called by that stupid "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom" name.

$204.99 is a bit of an odd price too.

paulbk

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 04:05:20 pm »

I believe RawShooterPro users get version 1.0 of Adobe Lightroom free. Is there a write up (instructions) somewhere of “the process” to take advantage of this?
paul b.k.
New England, USA

61Dynamic

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 04:09:26 pm »

I'm sure they'll announce the upgrade process once LR 1.0 exists. Until then, no instructions.

KeithR

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 04:43:00 pm »

Quote from: 61Dynamic,Jan 3 2007, 12:34 PM
I think Amazon is just jumping the gun considering it's not called by that stupid "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom" name.

I thought I read some where that Adobe Photoshop Lightroom was the official name, after it had been just plain Adobe Lightroom.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

James DeMoss

• http://jbdemossphotography.com/aboutus.aspx
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 05:36:52 am »

Could this be it?
http://www.amazon.com/Lightroom-Mlp-Retail...UTF8&s=software

The price is $204.99

You can add it to your shopping cart, but delivery is stated at 4-6 weeks, which is Amazon-speak for "sometime in the future", so probably not to be taken too literally.

John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=93504\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Maybe put in your shopping cart next to VISTA? LOL  

_
James

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 06:31:08 pm »

Maybe put in your shopping cart next to VISTA? LOL   

_
James
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=93826\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

LOL  
Wild Nature Photo Travel

point-n-shoot

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 11:54:30 am »

$204.00!! No thank you. I think I'll wait a week after it comes out and download it from same place I got PSCS2, CS3, C1, etc...Torrent Reactor!!

Box Brownie

• Engram Photography
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 01:02:17 pm »

$204.00!! No thank you. I think I'll wait a week after it comes out and download it from same place I got PSCS2, CS3, C1, etc...Torrent Reactor!! you can not even fall back on caveat emptor if you never bought it in the first place  
A collection of mine here http://500px.c

katemann

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 02:22:58 pm »

$204.00!! No thank you. I think I'll wait a week after it comes out and download it from same place I got PSCS2, CS3, C1, etc...Torrent Reactor!!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=94129\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I hope you get what you deserve.

On second thought, I think Ill add this little piece of information for you smartypants. The owner of this forum is capable of tracing your information, no matter how unforthcoming you may be with the details. He could, in fact, get your address from your ISP. He is a pretty good friend of a lot of people who work for Adobe.

And those good people are precisely the ones from whom you are stealing when you steal the software they create.

Now, aren't you clever?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 03:22:50 pm by katemann »

mikeseb

• http://www.michaelsebastian.com
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 02:39:52 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=94129\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

$35,000 for a  Phase P45? No thank you. I think I'll "download" it from the store.
michael sebast

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2007, 04:09:39 pm »

I think $200 is a very good price point. Least we forget that the original Camera raw plug-in was $99.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2007, 06:16:32 pm »

$35,000 for a Phase P45? No thank you. I think I'll "download" it from the store.

ROFL!!!!  

Seriously... go buy the software.. if nothing else you are supporting future updates and development.

Downloading commercial software from warez sites is illegal - and is a crime [a federal crime at that]. There is no difference between this and walking into a computer store and shoplifting a copy.

Would you shoplift a copy?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 06:17:02 pm by JHolko »
Wild Nature Photo Travel

jliechty

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2007, 02:07:16 pm »

Downloading commercial software from warez sites is illegal - and is a crime [a federal crime at that]. There is no difference between this and walking into a computer store and shoplifting a copy.
IANAL, but copyright infringement on that level is a civil issue (note that the RIAA is suing people, not getting the FBI to raid them and throw them in prison). It becomes a criminal issue on a larger scale (e.g. illegal duplication and sale of DVDs).

point-n-shoot

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2007, 02:36:22 pm »

<snip>On second thought, I think Ill add this little piece of information for you smartypants. The owner of this forum is capable of tracing your information, no matter how unforthcoming you may be with the details. He could, in fact, get your address from your ISP. <snip>.

Ever heard of IP Anonomizer?  The only thing the owner of this forum is gonna find is a proxy server in Indonesia.  Even if he could locate me, do you think the FBI is gonna kick down my door because I made a claim on some obscure message forum that I obtained my Adobe software from a torrent site?  The FBI is way too busy confiscating the computers from little Johnny's family who were investigated for domestic terrorism after little Johnny blew up a red ant hill with leftover firecrackers from the 4th of July that he took apart and put in a model airplane paint bottle.  However, let them come...they'll find purchase receipts and registered serial numbers for all software loaded on my computer's hard drive.

And those good people are precisely the ones from whom you are stealing when you steal the software they create.<snip>
Oh, I'm sure that my copy of CS2 really took a chunk out of Adobe's record-setting revenue earnings of 2.6 Billion dollars for 2006...$682 Million of which was in the 4th Quarter alone!!  Do you honestly think if everyone suddenly stopped illegally sharing their software the Adobe stock holders would allow the company to lower the outrageous price of their products and cut into their profit margin?

Of course, I'm sure I'm the only dishonest person on this forum...I'm certain no one here has never downloaded a free MP3 song or lied on an IRS filing or told a traffic cop a bogus story to get out of a speeding ticket.

You may think I'm comparing apples to oranges...but a dishonest act comes in all forms.
 "Let the one amongst you without sin cast the first stone"
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 02:38:34 pm by point-n-shoot »

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2007, 04:51:38 pm »

Of course, I'm sure I'm the only dishonest person on this forum...I'm certain no one here has never downloaded a free MP3 song or lied on an IRS filing or told a traffic cop a bogus story to get out of a speeding ticket.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=94368\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Possibly not. But you, on the other hand, have not made for a very graceful first few posts-to the point that I for one have chosen to IGNORE you as a user.

Pretty inauspicious start to your membership here at LL.

mikeseb

• http://www.michaelsebastian.com
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2007, 05:04:25 pm »

Do you honestly think if everyone suddenly stopped illegally sharing their software the Adobe stock holders would allow the company to lower the outrageous price of their products and cut into their profit margin?

This whole conversation with you, click-n-steal, is becoming tiresome. You have a lot of growing up to do I think. Bragging about stealing is pretty juvenile. You've definitely struck a blow against The Man--puff out your chest with pride.

You imply that your judgment that Adobe's prices are "outrageous" justifies your theft of their product. Dress it up however you like, that makes you a thief. Complaining that "everyone does it" changes nothing.

No one here has claimed a saintly existence, and had you not bragged about your misdeeds none would have been the wiser. But you proclaim it to the world, and act indignant when someone objects! Your momma musta dropped you on your head, dude.

Just like I'd turn in a shoplifter I saw nicking a necktie, I'd call you on your theft, given that you're dumb enough to boast about it. I don't want to pay more, nor have to put up with aggravating software-activation schemes, because of the likes of you.
michael sebast

X-Re

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2007, 05:07:13 pm »

Theft is theft, regardless of whether its from a huge company, or a small mom and pop corner store, or your neighbor, or...

I'm interested to see how much Lightroom is going to run, personally...  And how well it runs with the final performance compilation, fixes, etc, etc, etc... So far, it seems to fill a nice niche in my personal workflow, so...
Dave Re
dave@daverephoto.com website: [u

point-n-shoot

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2007, 07:51:47 pm »

<SNIP> I for one have chosen to IGNORE you as a user.

Oh shit, now I wont be able to sleep tonight!!

Pretty inauspicious start to your membership here at LL.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=94394\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

"Membership"??  This is an electronic bulletin board, not the ASPP.  Get a grip for chrissakes!!

This whole conversation with you, click-n-steal, is becoming tiresome. You have a lot of blah, blah, blah...

61Dynamic

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2007, 08:33:21 pm »

LOL That last post is icing on the cake.

Not to interested in having anyone help you out or listen to you in in the future in any way are you?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up