Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thoughts on Physically Installing the Epson 7570  (Read 963 times)

samogitian

Thoughts on Physically Installing the Epson 7570
« on: November 14, 2021, 09:57:17 am »

I’d like to purchase the 7570, but that thing weighs so much. I can lift a 114 pound Sony PVM 2950q monitor and my carpenter would help me. He is significantly stronger than me. But finding other people would be hard due to COVID and the area we live in. I note that the product weight is 269 pounds but how much of that is the stand?

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
Re: Thoughts on Physically Installing the Epson 7570
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2021, 10:00:37 am »

It should be very easy. You put the stand together then two people, one at each end lift it on to the stand. It may be that the weight you show is everything including the crating.
It is helpful to have a third person laying to the side to help line up the pins.

mearussi

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2021, 11:28:52 am »

The specified weight is with printer stand so you can subtract around 30 lbs without stand. Two people can lift it if only just long enough to put it on the stand. The key is to put it on the stand asap so it can be rolled the rest of the way.

Garnick

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2021, 11:40:44 am »

Hello Newbie and welcome to the LULA Forums  :)

Same as what Dan wrote exactly.  I also believe some of the weight you see is partly the crating itself.  When I bought a P7000 I knew how meany friends it would take to get it in and then getting it ready to use.  I knew that from the older SP9090 I had for many years.  For the 7570 you'll need two strong men.  If it involves stairs you might want an extra man behind the one at the bottom to help with the extra weight.  Once the stand is assembled, again a man on each end to set the printer on the stand.  Lay down under the printer once it's been put on the stand and guide the men to the bolts and then you will then put the wingnuts on them and away you go.  Not a big job at all really.

Now you will LOVE the PRINTER.  Now that you're here we'll try to help you anytime you need a word or more.  :) :) 8) 8)

Gary       
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

Paul_Roark

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2021, 11:44:15 am »

Monday I'll be calling the "Ranch Hands" to get two guys to help me install my repaired Epson 9800.  Once out of the van and bolted to its stand, it rolls easily.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

jeffreybehr

• Happily retired accountant
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2021, 01:28:48 pm »

My P7570 is arriving this Wednesday the 17th.. Since I'm sort-of-one-armed, with a shoulder-joint REreplacement limiting my right arm to 10pds/4Kg., I plan to get three healthy men to lift and place the printer.. My sister will be the printer-to-stand spotter.

samogitian

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2021, 10:51:54 pm »

Hey thanks for all the input. Rolling it isn’t going to work since it either has to go down stairs or down a hill. But it can’t be worse than the 3,000 pound boulder my carpenter and I dug out a couple of years back.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 10:22:40 am by samogitian »

Paul_Roark

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2021, 11:22:48 am »

... Rolling it isn’t going to work since it either has to go down stairs ...

My 9800 had to be put on end to make a couple of turns into it's old location.  I decided to change where the printer is located to avoid these obstacles.  These large beasts can be difficult to manage.  Good luck.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2021, 12:09:37 pm »

I just hired movers to move my P8000 which is a similar weight by the look of it (but a 44" printer), up a staircase to standing on-end, tilt through a doorway then carry back through the doorway to another room where the stand was waiting.  I decided trying myself with friends was not an option.

Rand47

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2021, 04:37:05 pm »

You’ll discover when you open your printer’s packing that that the set-up instructions call for four (4) people to lift the printer onto the stand.  You’ll need all of them.  The printer has to fit “into” the stand just-so and there’s no way two people are going to be able to see that they’re doing.  The instructions are pretty thorough, so just follow the step by step.

I had everything unwrapped, and the instructions read-through a few times before I had my helpers arrived.  That way I was easily able to show them where to “grasp” the printer when lifting. Epson is very specific about these hand positions when lifting. 

It all went well.  So, I’d not make too many arrangements prior to reading the set-up instructions, other than to have the palleted printer put as close as humanly possible to where it is going to “live” once assembled. 

Putting the stand together is pretty simple.  Lifting and positioning the printer on the stand, prior to fastening it to the stand is more “particular”…..
Rand
Rand Scott Adams

raminolta

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2021, 10:33:08 pm »

I carried and installed a Canon Pro-2100 which is lighter than P7570 but not that much, with the help of only one friend. We are both average strong. Here is how we did it:

i) We wrapped the bare printer using two thick moving blankets. We made sure it's covered on all sides.
ii) Since the new printer is empty of inks and all loose parts are taped and secured in their places, there is no movement inside the printer. Therefore, there shouldn't be any problem in tilting it. I can say so at least for my Canon printer but don't know about Epson printers.
iii) We strapped the printer to an appliance dolly using two straps (up and down).
iv) We carried it up to the apartment through a staircase step by step. There are videos on Youtube showing how to use an appliance dolly. The key is to make sure printer doesn't get any shock in the path. This can happen when there is bump (like in some door frames) and once the printer goes up the bump, it is going to fall on the other side. That's when the second person (not the one who has the handles) must hold and control the dolly from its bottom so it descends slowly and smoothly on the other side of the bump.

v) Inside the apartment in order to put the printer on its stand, we did it in two steps. First, we put it on my flattened futon sofa bed half way up. Then, we lifted it one more time and put it on its stand.

I could have had more help for carrying the printer but I trusted this method more. Imagine 4 people trying to carry it through narrow staircases and door frames when two people can not pass at the same time. In such tight spaces frequently, some people would give up and step aside (it has happened to me before). It may end up being carried by two people instead of four.

If I need to ever move the printer up or down over a staircase again, I will empty the ink inside (Canon has this option in its menu setting to prepare the printer for moving) and, tape and secure the loose parts (like the print head). I have kept all the needed pieces for this and for the record, I have taken pictures of all areas that were taped and secured before removal. I will use my appliance dolly again for the task.

PS. By no means, I encourage other people to do this. However, if for any reason some are pushed or want to do it as a two people job, this is one way to consider. Of course, you need to convince yourself this is the right way and have confidence in what you are doing. I had imagined all stages of the move in my mind and carefully reviewed the path before attempting it.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 10:32:29 am by raminolta »

samogitian

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2021, 08:13:42 am »

Thanks for all the tips. I can always get my wife as a spotter. My carpenter and I have previously installed and removed a large 48” format printer so this shouldn’t be too much harder except for the weight (still don’t get why it weighs so much more than older large format printers).
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 10:20:49 am by samogitian »

sportmaster

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2021, 12:10:44 pm »

I moved three, 44" Hp 3200Z printers into my basement and back out.  Not fun, but doable if you are imaginative and careful.   
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 09:50:23 am by sportmaster »

samogitian

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2021, 09:34:35 pm »

Hey thanks everyone. I ordered it from Lexjet which used a terrible shipper named Estes “Express.” Zero communication unless I badgered them and they choose when to deliver and their contract says they can leave it outside your door. Pretty crazy! We were about to go away for a week tomorrow but they somehow delivered it today, I guess because I yelled enough.

My carpenter brought a four wheeled hand truck that we strapped the main unit too, brought it down the hill and into our basement. I had assembled the stand already and we lifted the printer up and onto it. We are both in our fifties, but my carpenter is strong and I work out regularly although I’m far from buff, it lifting it wasn’t hard. It is a mystery to me why it weighs so much but it’s a well made machine and I love the prints coming out if it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up