Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Downgrade from LR11 to LR10 possible?  (Read 476 times)

dreed

Downgrade from LR11 to LR10 possible?
« on: November 02, 2021, 03:25:52 pm »

With the installation and upgrade of LR managed by the CC installer, there's no exposure to being able to pick a specific version of LR to use. Additionally, from the CC installer, my recollection is that the install for LR is simply "Upgrade", whereas for PS there's "Update" (install latest patch) or "Install" (New version). For Bridge there was an option to also keep the current version, but I don't recall that for LR.

In the event that a LR upgrade does introduce problems and you want to go back, how does one do that? The installer doesn't let you pick any version and there's no URLs to get specific versions either.

Help?

(The reason for this is the problems with panorama merges observed in https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=137953.msg1227496#msg1227496.

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
Re: Downgrade from LR11 to LR10 possible?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 03:33:08 pm »

In the event that a LR upgrade does introduce problems and you want to go back, how does one do that?

Adobe provides instructions here.

Keep in mind that Lightroom 11 introduced a new catalog format.  If you revert to an earlier rev, you will need to pull a catalog compatible with that version from a back-up.

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 05:41:28 pm »

Hi, I can see the older version from the Creative Cloud app as shown in the attached figure (Windows 10 just in case)

Remember to save a copy of the old catalogue as Chris pointed out

dreed

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 03:12:12 am »

Thanks, that's good to know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up