Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3200 44" PS printer New Paper profile  (Read 310 times)

felix5616

Z3200 44" PS printer New Paper profile
« on: October 21, 2021, 08:30:25 pm »

when creating an ICC profile for a new paper on a Z3200 do I calibrate the paper first then create the profile or do I create the ICC profile than calibrate the paper?

kers

• Pieter Kers
Re: Z3200 44" PS printer New Paper profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 09:27:26 pm »

you first caibrate the printer on the specific paper. I think the printer will not even allow you to make a profile uncalibrated.
it is also essential that you do not change the printer properties of the paper ( ink% and %Ge) between the calibration and the ICC-profile making
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 09:31:11 pm by kers »
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 11:35:33 pm »

You profile (fingerprint) device behavior.
You calibrate then profile as a result.
If the device drifts, calibration returns the behavior (or it should), the profile continues to properly define the device behavior.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

deanwork

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2021, 09:58:36 am »

Right, on the Zs,  I calibrate the paper with every new batch of paper or every new printhead installed . It makes you do that with new print heads unless you cancel that process, which you can do but you shouldn’t.

Then you go through the process of creating of an icc profile which comes up next in the software sequence after calibration. The profiles can be used for a very long time unless there is a significant change in the way the manufacturer coats the media, which almost never happens. But calibrations have a time limit in which the color center will tell you the calibration is out of date.

I have found my new Mac with Big Sur will calibrate normally, but it won’t create icc profiles with that new multi printer driver. Everything else with that driver works great. When I have to make profiles for new papers I have to boot up one of my older Macs that are not running Big Sur.

John

You profile (fingerprint) device behavior.
You calibrate then profile as a result.
If the device drifts, calibration returns the behavior (or it should), the profile continues to properly define the device behavior.

felix5616

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2021, 10:37:03 am »

Thanks for the responses, much appreciated
Pages: [1]   Go Up