Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crazy like...  (Read 586 times)

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Crazy like...
« on: October 15, 2021, 12:00:50 pm »

I saw this fox while walking Luna. She really wanted to chase him but I rained on that parade and plus she had already had a good rabbit chase just a few minutes earlier. The fox was just hanging out in the evening sun which made for some nice soft light so I went home and swapped the dog for a camera and returned. The fox was very curious about me once I was getting some photos and even came over to get a better look. At one point I had to move back because my 70-200 wouldn't focus that close! I suspect this one has been fed, or maybe it just is around people so much it doesn't care about us. I think he is also very safety conscious, he even checked my tire pressure for me!







Logged
-MattB

David Eckels

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3529
  • It's just a camera.
    • Website
Re: Crazy like...
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2021, 12:03:44 pm »

#2, Wow!

John R

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5248
Re: Crazy like...
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 12:44:41 pm »

Very cool Matt, images and narrative!
Logged

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Crazy like...
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2021, 03:39:11 pm »

Very cool Matt, images and narrative!
It truly is!
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Peter McLennan

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4692
Re: Crazy like...
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2021, 06:03:34 pm »

What an absolutely gorgeous animal!  Well done, Matt.  SO worth going back for the camera.

Apparently, they make superb pets.  They like human company. The Russians were breeding them for pets for export a few years ago, but I don't know what happened to that enterprise.
Logged

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: Crazy like...
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2021, 06:28:24 pm »

What an absolutely gorgeous animal!  Well done, Matt.  SO worth going back for the camera.

Apparently, they make superb pets.  They like human company. The Russians were breeding them for pets for export a few years ago, but I don't know what happened to that enterprise.

Thanks! I've actually heard the opposite about pet foxes. The russian bred ones CAN be pets but they are still wild animals and do wild things in addition to loving belly rubs.
Logged
-MattB

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: Crazy like...
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2021, 06:37:23 pm »

Logged
-MattB
Pages: [1]   Go Up