Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error 1851 on Canon Pixma Pro  (Read 357 times)

francescogola

• Francesco Gola
Error 1851 on Canon Pixma Pro
« on: October 05, 2021, 04:34:48 pm »

Dear colleagues,
After some (around 6) months of inactivity, I had to put back on service a Canon Pixma Pro 1 that until the day I used was working perfectly, and it worked for 8 years without any issue.
When turned on I noticed immediately the yellow light blinking..
I decided to send a test print, but as soon as the test print is listed on the printing queue, I get the error 1851: Inner Cover is open.
Of course the inner cover of the CD tray is not open, and I didn't find any way to let the printer recognize the cover closed. (reset, disconnecting to power supply, open and close of the cover hundreds of times, ..)
Online it seems nobody had this issue.
Please, do you have any idea on how to fix? Is there anything I can do to bypass or solve the issue?
Thank you
Francesco Gola

www.francescogola.net

Simon J.A. Simpson

Re: Error 1851 on Canon Pixma Pro
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 04:44:24 am »

Could be that the microswitch or detector that determines the position of the CD tray has stuck / is faulty / damaged; or that the software is confused and thinks the tray is open when it's not.

If you have any blank CDs have you tried printing a CD and see if you still get the error message (this might possibly reset the detector and/or software).

Other than this, you could try reinstalling the printer driver making sure you bin any preference files; or peer into the inner workings of the printer with a torch.

Better still, give Canon support a call.  They have excellent repair facilities in the UK.

francescogola

• Francesco Gola
Re: Error 1851 on Canon Pixma Pro
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 08:11:27 am »

Thank you Simon, I'll try the proposed solutions!
Francesco Gola

www.francescogola.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up