Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rose  (Read 521 times)

sf

  • Guest
rose
« on: September 28, 2021, 07:24:28 am »

In the garden.

S
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 08:23:02 am by Jeremy Roussak »
Logged

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: rose
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2021, 12:10:07 pm »

That is a beauty! The water droplets are just excellent.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

David Eckels

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3529
  • It's just a camera.
    • Website
Re: rose
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2021, 12:41:04 pm »

That is a beauty! The water droplets are just excellent.
Indeed

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: rose
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2021, 04:44:08 pm »

The drops are very nice but the closest/biggest ones look like they are out of focus. I think having them in focus would be a big improvement.
Also not a fan of the heavy vignette but that is maybe just a matter of taste.
Logged
-MattB

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: rose
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2021, 07:23:12 am »

I'm siding with Matt on this shot. So, I really like it a lot but with a little more work, it could have been closer to perfection.
Anyway, bravo!
Logged
Francois

Bob_B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3747
  • It's all about light
    • Robert Belas Photography
Re: rose
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2021, 07:29:02 am »

+1; I agree with MattBurt's assessment of the OOF drops.
Logged
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com

sf

  • Guest
Re: rose
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2021, 02:11:41 pm »

Thanks to all. I rather liked the shallow DoF but I can see it might not be to everyone's taste.

I'll run the shot through Sharpen AI, out of curiosity.

S
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up