Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pentax 645 MF Lenses  (Read 848 times)

Dave Gurtcheff

Pentax 645 MF Lenses
« on: September 21, 2021, 03:28:11 pm »

Hello all. My medium format rig is now Fuji GFX with Fuji lenses. I used to have a Pentax film camera and then a 645D. I still have several MF lenses that I was going to use with an adapter.  At age 84, it is too much of a hassle. The lenses I have are 75mm, 150mm, 200mm,  120mm Macro and 300mm Green star with matching 1.4X. A year or so ago the used prices on ebay were very low, so I just kept the lenses on my shelf. I recently checked ebay prices and they have taken off (like everything else, I guess). 90% of the lenses listed are "Buy it Now" and are from Japan. I was stunned that the 75mm normal lenses were listed from $250 to $340. Several years ago you could not give them away. What gives? I have always thought the Pentax 645 MF lenses were amongst the best I have ever used, but were under appreciated. Even a quote I received from KEH was tempting. I will probably sell them and increase my GFX kit.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Dave in NJ

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
Re: Pentax 645 MF Lenses
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 05:34:16 pm »

Hello all. My medium format rig is now Fuji GFX with Fuji lenses. I used to have a Pentax film camera and then a 645D. I still have several MF lenses that I was going to use with an adapter.  At age 84, it is too much of a hassle. The lenses I have are 75mm, 150mm, 200mm,  120mm Macro and 300mm Green star with matching 1.4X. A year or so ago the used prices on ebay were very low, so I just kept the lenses on my shelf. I recently checked ebay prices and they have taken off (like everything else, I guess). 90% of the lenses listed are "Buy it Now" and are from Japan. I was stunned that the 75mm normal lenses were listed from $250 to $340. Several years ago you could not give them away. What gives? I have always thought the Pentax 645 MF lenses were amongst the best I have ever used, but were under appreciated. Even a quote I received from KEH was tempting. I will probably sell them and increase my GFX kit.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Dave in NJ

Hi Dave -

If prices are up, and you're clearly not using the lenses, let them go to someone who will.

Many legacy lenses are under appreciated in the marketplace (but they will be valued by someone who knows better for sure).

And increase that GFX kit!

What did Stephen Stills say - Love the One You're With?

Steve Hendrix/CI
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

Dave Gurtcheff

Re: Pentax 645 MF Lenses
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 11:39:38 am »

Thank you Steve. I have 23mm, 32-64mm (my most used lens), the 50mm and 100-200mm (probably my least used lens, but when you need it, you need it). I bought the 50mm lens when it went on sale for $500; it is a nice light "walk around" lens. The
new 35 -70mm kit lens would be redundant, but at $500 I decided to get it. Possibly I then would not need the 32-64. Although very slow, it is diminutive in size weight and price. If you look at my web site you can see I do seascapes, no people or portraits, no need for fast lenses. I usually shoot at f11 to f16. And I am an amateur having fun.
Best regards
Dave Gurtcheff
Beach Haven, NJ
www.modernpictorials.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up