Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase One XF and Schneider lenses . Is there a Big difference in IQ Thank other  (Read 893 times)

rollsman44

I owned several Digital medium cameras and Native lenses over the years.   I wanted to purchase a XF Body and an 80mm Schneider lens. The Max Mpx I would need would be 50mpx
   Since I cant get into this System for the max amount I want to spend ( 8,000)   I am curious to know what is so Different and Image Quality wise than the Hassy XCD or Pentax 645Z. and so much more money. 
  I am not saying that Phase one system is not worth the money. I just dont know if it is justified. Thank you   

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/

The main reason for going P1 these days is the full frame sensors, leaf shutter lenses, Capture One integration, the advanced capabilities of the backs (frame averaging,..) when combined with the XF body (focus stacking) and the Schneider lenses that are very sharp across the frame of a full frame MF sensor.

In my view they are way oversized and overpriced for small MF sensors such as the one used in the 50mp backs.

The cheapest way to get such a sensor and matching lenses is the Fuji G system.

The Hassy X system has better lenses with leaf shutter lenses, but they are much more expensive. And in terms of body capabilities the Fuji is significantly ahead. Especially if you can afford the GFX100s.

rollsman44

I concur with you.  Thank you for your response.   I have the X1D2 and the XCD 45P lens and will keep it.  Ty again for your honesty

Ray Harrison

Phase ceded the crop sensor MF market to Hassy and Fuji. The other difference that's important to some is that the Phase crop sensor backs don't have electronic shutters so that's another reason that in that space, Fuji and the recent Hasselblads are to me the best bets.

Cheers,
Ray

rollsman44

Thank you.  I  agree
Pages: [1]   Go Up