Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson V850 Scanner Lamp Replacement  (Read 1198 times)

kentphelan

Epson V850 Scanner Lamp Replacement
« on: September 15, 2021, 06:04:20 pm »

I was scanning 5x7 b&w negatives yesterday, when my V850 began to act strangely.  After loading a new negative, I clicked on Pre-Scan and waited to see the image.  What I got was a black screen with a bunch of skewed colored lines. I tried to prescan a couple of more times and got the same result.  Today, after cold rebooting the iMac (Big Sur) and V850, I prescanned the same neg.  Total black screen, no image or light of any kind. The telltale to me was that the scanner was not showing any light from where the lid lays flat on the scanner.  The scan head was moving but no light was present.  I am assuming I have a blown light source in the scanner.  Has anyone here experienced this or know if replacing the lamp is doable by an amateur?  I searched Youtube but was surprised to not see any videos on this.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

degrub

Re: Epson V850 Scanner Lamp Replacement
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 11:43:33 pm »

I would contact Epson since they list the light source as led. Likely a custom board only available from them. Looks likes the closest authorized service center is down in Portland, at least based on their website and the location in your profile.

picman

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 08:36:53 am »

Check the cable that runs from the top light/cover to the scanner.
Maybe you'll get lucky.

kentphelan

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 10:45:38 am »

Thanks folks, much appreciated.

kentphelan

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 01:16:41 pm »

FIXED!!!  Thanks picman!  It was a slightly ajar interface cable between the transparency adapter lid and the main scanner.

Many thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up