Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Of beautiful trees and ambitious cameras and lenses  (Read 1739 times)

kennedda

Of beautiful trees and ambitious cameras and lenses
« on: September 15, 2021, 01:53:32 pm »

I want to suggest the author has dismissed the Canon R5 too quickly. The refresh rate for the EVF is very high and provides an excel lent viewing experience even for action. The R5 overheating issue remains but for small video shooting and stills is not a significant issue. I look forward to a review of the camera not off hand comments based on a few early reviews.

Dan Wells

Re: Of beautiful trees and ambitious cameras and lenses
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 03:39:26 pm »

I'm sorry you think I'm dismissive of it - I'm excited by what it DOES do, even with the overheating issue, and have been actively trying to track down a review sample for a year... It's super ambitious, and led the A1 by many months (for $2000 less). Everybody loves it and Canon can't keep them in stock (so they are bad at responding to review requests). Hopefully I'll have one this fall for the goose migration (along with a Sony A1 would be the dream combo - they're each other's closest competitor).

Dan

kennedda

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 07:07:18 am »

Thanks for your reply, Dan. I rented a R5 for a long weekend and was impressed by the autofocus and overall image quality. I have been a Nikon and now Fuji user so the controls were quite different. It’s also important to consider the lens support and here Canon is making very good progress at both the advanced and professional levels. I look forward to your review later this year as I’m still on the fence as to whether I will make the switch.

Edward

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2021, 07:21:59 pm »

> 50mm that covers 4×5

The 47mm f/5.6 Super Angulon XL does the job and is neither rare nor nonexistent. It is typically used for close-quarter architectural work. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up