Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A little trick for power-up cleaning cycles  (Read 285 times)

Garnick

A little trick for power-up cleaning cycles
« on: September 13, 2021, 09:37:43 am »

Hello all,

This is something I stumbled upon a few weeks ago. For some time the LK on my P7000 has been ill to say the least.  Nothing I could do would even come close to fixing it myself.  Every manual cleaning of the obvious parts made no difference at all.  I'll soon have a tech diagnose the illness and hopefully be able to fix it.  Even though I haven't been doing any printing all that time, every 5 days I power up the printer and print two images of blocks of all the colours.  Of course when powering up with an ill channel always means an Auto Clean Cycle which of course also dumps ink every time.  A few weeks ago I powered up in maintenance mode.  Not sure why, but I just let it sitting for about 10 minutes and then powered down.  About 5 minues later I powered up in printing mode as usual.  As I waited to see the Auto Clean Cycle take place, instead the printer just chugged along with no auto cleaning cycle at all.  Since that time, when I'm doing my 5th day procedure I've used what I have just mentioned here and I have never had an Auto Clean Cycle when powering up in printing mode.

Hope this helps.   Gary     
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 11:27:53 am by Garnick »
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)
Pages: [1]   Go Up