Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: multiple users accessing same library  (Read 8058 times)

yuri

multiple users accessing same library
« on: December 29, 2006, 05:18:18 pm »

Hi,

I am about to purchase Aperture, but wanted to find out if something I would like to do is possible. I have a current iMac that my wife and I will use. We want to set it up so that we log into our individual accounts, BUT we want to access the Aperture library (we both shoot and want to keep photos in one library). So, my question is this: is it possible to access the same Aperture library from different accounts on the same Mac?

Note: one of Apple's Aperture video tutorials made mention of the ability for multiple users accessing images within the same library, but it did not elaborate and my searches have not yielded any clues on how this can be accomplished.

Thank you for your consideration.

Yuri

MikeMike

• http://
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 09:47:21 pm »

hey there,

you could choose where you want your library to be in aperture. if you choose the shared folder in your MacHD/Users/Shared you would both be able to acces it from both profiles. my first post.. YAY!

yuri

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 09:54:38 pm »

Hey Mike,

Many thanks for your help!

Yuri

hey there,

you could choose where you want your library to be in aperture. if you choose the shared folder in your MacHD/Users/Shared you would both be able to acces it from both profiles. my first post.. YAY!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=92848\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up