Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3200ps 02.1:10 Carriage assembly?  (Read 540 times)

Brett L

• Whose Art
HP Z3200ps 02.1:10 Carriage assembly?
« on: September 01, 2021, 02:10:55 pm »

Hello Everyone,

I leave my beloved (and lightly used) Z3200ps switched on 24/7. I returned to it the other morning to find it telling me that the Photo Black/Light Gray Printhead needed to be replaced. Not having one in stock, I ordered one and thought I'd try cleaning and shaking the old one and re-installing, just in case that enabled me to use the machine in the meantime. As soon as I did this I got an 02.1:10 "Restart the printer. If the problem persists, call HP support" message. New printhead arrived the next day. I installed it but nothing changed. I have tried starting with all printheads removed but that hasn't helped. I've also run the carriage assembly test from the diagnostics menu but it won't run the test beyond "starting AdcManagerHorus" before the error code 02.1:10 returns. I have left it switched off with mains cable removed for several hours between each test.

I'm not sure what to do next other than strip the whole machine and start checking cables etc. However it seems quite a coincidence that this all happened as soon as I re-installed a defunct printhead. Have I committed a cardinal error and murdered a part of my machine?

Can the code be cleared at all? Any thoughts or advice would be warmly embraced!

Many thanks in advance.

Brett

GST

Brett L

• Whose Art
Re: HP Z3200ps 02.1:10 Carriage assembly?
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 06:45:57 am »

Just to update the situation: There has been a slight hiatus in that I went out and bought a 44" Z9+ so that I can keep printing whilst I try to solve the problem with my beloved Z3200ps. Now that the Z9+ is installed I can get back to clearing the 02.1:10 fault with the 3200.

Thanks for the link to the steps for clearing the code @GST. Unfortunately I can't perform the carriage test within the diagnostics menu as it won't run the test without returning the 02.1:10 code and requesting a shut down.

So I guess the next step is to remove the carriage PCA and trailing cable and re-install to see if that helps at all.

Any advice on this would be eagerly received. Thanks in advance!

Brett

Brett L

• Whose Art
Re: HP Z3200ps 02.1:10 Carriage assembly?
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 05:52:33 am »

Latest update (for anybody in the future with similar issues): I have replaced the battery on the formatter board as a precaution and also replaced the trailing cable attached to the carriage assembly (both very cheap, if slightly optimistic, options). Neither have helped solve the issue. So it looks as if I shall have to order a new assembly and take it from there... I'm just weighing up whether this is worth the expense...
Pages: [1]   Go Up