Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Closeup of wall  (Read 578 times)

PeterAit

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4647
    • Peter Aitken Photographs
Closeup of wall
« on: August 30, 2021, 11:27:11 am »

Taken somewhere in Iceland, not that it matters!
Logged

Slobodan Blagojevic

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 18209
  • When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Closeup of wall
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 12:30:11 pm »

Rhein III?

PeterAit

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4647
    • Peter Aitken Photographs
Re: Closeup of wall
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2021, 02:13:56 pm »

Rhein III?

I don't understand the question.
Logged

David Eckels

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3529
  • It's just a camera.
    • Website
Re: Closeup of wall
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 02:57:24 pm »

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Closeup of wall
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 03:03:15 pm »

I personally find Iceland III (aka "Closeup of Wall") much more interesting (as an abstract) than Rhein III.

It's quite well-balanced, but its origin in Iceland is not obvious.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

PeterAit

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4647
    • Peter Aitken Photographs
Re: Closeup of wall
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2021, 04:37:15 pm »

I personally find Iceland III (aka "Closeup of Wall") much more interesting (as an abstract) than Rhein III.

It's quite well-balanced, but its origin in Iceland is not obvious.

No, I guess Icelandic walls are much like any other walls!
Logged

Slobodan Blagojevic

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 18209
  • When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Closeup of wall
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2021, 07:07:58 pm »

https://www.andreasgursky.com/en/works/2018/rhein-3

I actually had in mind Rhein II, in which case Peter’s picture would be #3. I didn’t even realize there is Gursky’s Rhein III, until now, that is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up