Subscribe for $1/month
Login
Videos
Luminous Landscape Home
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
Did you miss your
activation email
?
October 02, 2026, 06:20:15 pm
Home
Help
Search
Login (forum only)
Login (Subscriber)
Register
Luminous Landscape Home
Luminous Landscape Forum
>
The Art of Photography
>
User Critiques
>
OEC Stacked Stones
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Print
Author
Topic: OEC Stacked Stones (Read 488 times)
Bob_B
Sr. Member
Offline
Posts: 3747
It's all about light
OEC Stacked Stones
«
on:
August 28, 2021, 03:50:56 pm »
A couple of stacked stone sculptures near the Patapsco River in Old Ellicott City (Maryland). C&C most welcomed.
Logged
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com
Eric Myrvaagnes
Sr. Member
Offline
Posts: 22813
http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: OEC Stacked Stones
«
Reply #1 on:
August 28, 2021, 08:03:43 pm »
Fascinating.
Someone put a lot of effort into stacking them so they wouldn't topple.
Any idea how long they've been there?
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website:
http://myrvaagnes.com
)
John R
Sr. Member
Offline
Posts: 5248
Re: OEC Stacked Stones
«
Reply #2 on:
August 28, 2021, 08:21:53 pm »
I rather like the subject and bw treatment. My critique would be that more separation between the rocks and the background would render the subject better.
JR
Logged
degrub
Sr. Member
Offline
Posts: 2558
Re: OEC Stacked Stones
«
Reply #3 on:
August 28, 2021, 09:29:46 pm »
Interesting shot. Some zen contemplation features…..
Does that lens have a mustache shaped or very strong field curvature ?
I remember a m4/3 Voightlander 17 mm f/0.95 lens i tried that did.
Drove me crazy some times.
Logged
Bob_B
Sr. Member
Offline
Posts: 3747
It's all about light
Re: OEC Stacked Stones
«
Reply #4 on:
August 29, 2021, 06:20:16 am »
Gentlemen, thank you. Eric: I don't know. These stacks were new to me, but I hadn't been to this particular spot in some time. John R: I complete agree with your assessment. degrub: I used a Sigma 35mm ART lens here.
Logged
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com
francois
Sr. Member
Offline
Posts: 14432
Re: OEC Stacked Stones
«
Reply #5 on:
August 29, 2021, 09:10:09 am »
Lovely shot and I agree with John R about the separation.
Bravo!
Logged
Francois
Bob_B
Sr. Member
Offline
Posts: 3747
It's all about light
Re: OEC Stacked Stones
«
Reply #6 on:
August 29, 2021, 02:28:15 pm »
francois: thank you!
Logged
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
Luminous Landscape Forum
>
The Art of Photography
>
User Critiques
>
OEC Stacked Stones
Loading...