Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One 22 - a major upgrade.  (Read 2111 times)

Dinarius

Capture One 22 - a major upgrade.
« on: August 24, 2021, 02:10:18 pm »

Capture One 22, to be released December 2021, will have HDR merging and panorama stitching built in.

I passed on 21, but I will definitely be upgrading this year.

Assuming they will do what every other vendor does on Black Friday, I will wait until late November.

D.

julianv

Re: Capture One 22 - a major upgrade.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 07:19:48 pm »

I was hoping that these enhancements would be included for owners of Capture One 21. The changes provided so far in 21 have been rather minor.

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2021, 03:11:00 am »

Capture One 22, to be released December 2021, will have HDR merging and panorama stitching built in.
They're only six years behind Lightroom with these features. They'd better be very well implemented after that time.
I passed on 21, but I will definitely be upgrading this year.
Assuming they will do what every other vendor does on Black Friday, I will wait until late November.
Let's hope they get the upgrade pricing right and don't mess around with different discounts on different days like last time. It all smacked of the PS CS5&6 upgrade mess.
At least this time they've announced what will be included in the upgrade if they offer it early 'blind' again.

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2021, 05:15:50 am »

Hopefully, they'll also include focus-stacking in the upgrade. Fingers crossed.

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2021, 07:02:35 am »

Hopefully, they'll also include focus-stacking in the upgrade. Fingers crossed.
Don't hold your breath on that one. Elsewhere I saw that request and Phase rep said thanks for the suggestion we'll consider it for the future.
When even Lightroom doesn't have it, I think you'll have to wait a long time for such a niche request.

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2021, 04:54:12 pm »

The thing is, if you're shooting a tethered Phase One, focus stacking is already available in Capture One Pro, so I can't see that it would be a major development process to expand that facility.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2021, 06:57:10 pm »

Can you elaborate on that more. As I understand it the Phase One XF will shoot a focus stack set, tethered or stand alone. However to combine the stack don’t you still need a 3rd party software like Helicon? 

I use the XF to stack quite often with its automated process, work the raws in C1, then move to Helicon to develop or create the final image. Nor aware of the ability for C1 to combine the files as Helicon does. If there is a way, that would be great. Bit so far with latest version of Helicon the process works quite well.

Very interested in how the C1 pano creation will work. And if they wrote the software or purchased something like ptgui or auto pano (which is no longer available.

Thanks
Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Ferp

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2021, 08:16:29 pm »

If we have to buy V22 in order to get the output tab fix, then I will not be a happy camper.

Ray Harrison

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2021, 10:29:59 pm »

My understanding is the next point release - towards the end of September - will have the output tab back in place. It won’t be a version 22 fix.
Pages: [1]   Go Up