Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3200 print head error  (Read 301 times)

deanwork

Z3200 print head error
« on: August 12, 2021, 12:57:01 pm »

I recently replaced an old light magenta/light cyan printhead. It works fine.

During the summer here we have lots of lightening storms ,  so regardless of surge protector, I always unplug all my equipment during the storms or when out of town.

Since replacing that head, every time I restart the printer after being unplugged I get the “ please reseat light magenta/ light cyan printhead. “ error message. When I do that it starts up and works normally, until I turn it off and back on again, then the same error.

Does anyone have any ideas about this?

John

Mark Lindquist

• it’s not about the photos we take - it’s the ones we leave
    • LINDQUIST STUDIOS
Re: Z3200 print head error
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 03:45:35 pm »

I recently replaced an old light magenta/light cyan printhead. It works fine.

During the summer here we have lots of lightening storms ,  so regardless of surge protector, I always unplug all my equipment during the storms or when out of town.

Since replacing that head, every time I restart the printer after being unplugged I get the “ please reseat light magenta/ light cyan printhead. “ error message. When I do that it starts up and works normally, until I turn it off and back on again, then the same error.

Does anyone have any ideas about this?

John

Yeah I get it too John. On a 24" Z3200, I just unplug it from the back without turning it off, then unplug the LAN cable and turn the back switch to off, wait for a half hour or so, then plug in and turn on from the back switch. With that printer, it just comes back up without the error message. Two other 44" Z's sometimes that works the first time, sometimes it works the second and third times. If that doesn't work, reseating is all I can do, but I don't like it because it does a head alignment, etc. Probably uses ink to do that as well. I have no idea how this has happened other than for the bug to have been introduced in the printhead chip. Sucks.

-M
Mark Lindquist
http://z3200.com, http://MarkLindquistPhotography.com
Lindquist Studios.com

deanwork

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2021, 04:56:25 pm »

Thanks Mark,

This is new. I was wondering if it was just me. Actually I just remove and replace the head, and when it gets ready to do the alignment I just cancel it. If you leave a roll of paper in the printer it will automatically do the head alignment so I make sure no paper is loaded.

Yeah I get it too John. On a 24" Z3200, I just unplug it from the back without turning it off, then unplug the LAN cable and turn the back switch to off, wait for a half hour or so, then plug in and turn on from the back switch. With that printer, it just comes back up without the error message. Two other 44" Z's sometimes that works the first time, sometimes it works the second and third times. If that doesn't work, reseating is all I can do, but I don't like it because it does a head alignment, etc. Probably uses ink to do that as well. I have no idea how this has happened other than for the bug to have been introduced in the printhead chip. Sucks.

-M

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2021, 03:57:20 am »

+1   I am new to the Z3200, I had it too. Mostly after introducing a new paper via OMS.

Thanks Mark, i will try your way next time...

BTW this is the time to buy these printer second hand for almost nothing... i bought 3 already... and 1 has a new owner...

Some are like new, bought but hardly used. Mind you   80+ KG !
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la
Pages: [1]   Go Up