Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson P900 color management  (Read 1912 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Epson P900 color management
« on: July 31, 2021, 11:31:25 am »

I am setting up my new P900 and the color management is baffling me. For the life of me I cannot find ICC profiles for this printer and the instructions seem to suggest that these profiles are not used. At least not in the way I am used to, with a profile for a specific printer/paper combination. Any help will be much appreciated!

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Epson P900 color management
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 12:03:35 pm »

The Epson profiles are installed with the driver itself.
What OS?
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Frodo

erik.brammer@me.com

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2021, 01:52:18 pm »

I am also new to the P900 and wanted to use Tecco Premium Ultra White 285, printing from Epson Print Layout. I had toset it up with its ICC profile by creating a custom media setting. As the referenced article suggests and per my first experience today, Epson Media Installer really seems to handle only Epson papers, correct?

Garnick

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2021, 03:03:26 pm »

Hello Erik,

Welcome to LuLa  :)  As I read it, the Epson Media Installer tell us in its name that it is an installer for Epson Media only.  If not it would probably be named simply Media Installer which would mean any type of paper etc. and not just Epson.  At least that's how I read it, butI might be wrong  >:(

Gary 

Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

erik.brammer@me.com

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2021, 03:46:53 pm »

Thanks Gary,

One can indeed interpret it that way, or one can just read that the software was made by Epson. Either way, there are ways to use non-Epson papers, so no real issue there.

Cheers,
Erik

Steve_777

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2021, 04:58:11 pm »

Hello Erik,

Welcome to LuLa  :)  As I read it, the Epson Media Installer tell us in its name that it is an installer for Epson Media only.  If not it would probably be named simply Media Installer which would mean any type of paper etc. and not just Epson.  At least that's how I read it, butI might be wrong  >:(

Gary 

One could guess or go to the Epson web page and find the info needed or use Google to find a link

"Creating Custom Paper Settings Using Epson Media Installer
You can create and store up to 30 custom paper settings for use in printing on non-Epson paper or paper that is not supported by the Epson printer driver. You create custom paper settings by copying an existing paper setting, renaming it, and assigning an ICC profile.
Note: You will need an ICC profile to assign to the paper setting. You cannot change custom paper settings created through Epson Media Installer using the printer control panel.

Note: On Mac, Epson Media Installer requires OS X 10.9.x or later to be installed."
https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd5/cpd58368/source/pro_graphics/source/media_loading/tasks/scp7570_9570/adding_custom_paper_media_installer_scp7570_9570.html

As Eric says, no issue.

erik.brammer@me.com

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2021, 06:53:07 am »

Thank you, Steve, that does indeed work just fine.

Duplicating an existing media profile and then editing it to create a custom profile didn't come to my mind, and since the Epson Media Installer on Mac OS doesn't even feature a help menu, I gave up right away rather than searching which actually yields a number of helpful articles, beyond Epson's own support documents.

Thanks again,
Erik
Pages: [1]   Go Up