Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3200ps Utility That Works - FREE!  (Read 965 times)

Mark Lindquist

• it’s not about the photos we take - it’s the ones we leave
    • LINDQUIST STUDIOS
HP Z3200ps Utility That Works - FREE!
« on: July 26, 2021, 04:42:50 pm »

After several requests, I'm putting the an HP Utility on my dropbox account for any and all to download.

Send an email to contactz3200 (@) gmail . com  (All one address - no spaces). Ask for the HP Utility for Mac and I'll send you a link.

Please acknowledge you have downloaded and I will delete your invitation.

It's a big file (82.8 MB) and there is a profiles installer file (45.1 MB) there as well.

You invitation will be rescinded after a day, so when you get the download link  - do it right away.

I might not get to your emails quickly, but if you need a fully functional Mac HP Utility - this is your opportunity.

Please let me know here on this thread that the Utility works for you.

Best wishes -

Mark

EDIT: They haven’t changed the utility in a long time before folding it into the Z9 series utility. This utility should work - if not, let me know.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 01:48:40 pm by Mark Lindquist »
Mark Lindquist
http://z3200.com, http://MarkLindquistPhotography.com
Lindquist Studios.com

hyatts3

Re: HP Z3200ps Utility That Works - FREE!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 04:58:09 pm »

Thank you for doing that, Mark!

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 07:28:32 pm »

Thanks Mark- (i guess you mean Mojave instead of Mavericks...)
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Mark Lindquist

• LINDQUIST STUDIOS
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 08:09:58 am »

Thanks for pointing that out - I’ve edited my post. When I get more time I’ll check back into it. Meanwhile, that utility should work fine up until Mavericks 14.10.2.
Mark Lindquist
Lindquist Studios.com

Mark Lindquist

• LINDQUIST STUDIOS
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2021, 01:47:26 pm »

Any and all downloading the Utility (Utilities), please let me know here on the forum that the Utility works for you.

Best,

Mark
Mark Lindquist
Lindquist Studios.com

dandeliondigital

• http://www.dandeliondigital.com
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2021, 02:16:02 pm »

Hi Mark,
Downloading from your provided link worked fine.

Thanks much, and so long for now, Tom

hyatts3

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2021, 02:26:40 pm »

It's working for me.

PaulStL

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2021, 04:09:03 pm »

First of all, a big thank you to Mark for granting everyone access to the HP Utility.  After spending the better part of a week back in January 2019 trying to find the right utility/OSX combination, I gave up and moved on to a VMWare/Windows combo for my profiling.

I'm now happy to say that the utility works on a variety of Macs using Mark's installer.

The first computer I installed it on was an old 2008 MacBook Pro running El Capitan.  The computer has never had the drivers or the utility installed so it seemed logical to start from a clean slate.  I installed the last HP driver from Apple and Mark's installer and everything is working as it should.

The second computer I tried to install it on was an ancient 2006 iBook G4 running 10.4.  No go, both installers from Mark's dropbox require 10.5

Finally, I tried a 2010 iMac running High Sierra.  It already had the drivers and HP Utility 5.38 but the utility did not show the Color Measurement menu option.  For the heck of it, I decided to try to install the utility from Mark's 'El Capitan' installer without uninstalling everything first.  After a very long install, it finally completed.  The Color Measurement menu is there, you can select "Print and measure. . .", as well as the other options and it will proceed to the select the number of patches window.  Like the MacBook Pro, I didn't go beyond that but it seems to working.  Interestingly, it must have installed "missing" components because the Utility still shows the version as 5.38 (Mark's is 5.33).

Also, the installer will not work on a 2020 iMac running Catalina (10.15.7).  When you try to run the installer, it gives a security error about not being able to check for malicious software.

I have a few more Macs with different OSes I'll eventually test it on.  I'll post the results if and when I do.

hyatts3

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2021, 04:58:14 pm »

First of all, a big thank you to Mark for granting everyone access to the HP Utility.  After spending the better part of a week back in January 2019 trying to find the right utility/OSX combination, I gave up and moved on to a VMWare/Windows combo for my profiling.

I'm now happy to say that the utility works on a variety of Macs using Mark's installer.

The first computer I installed it on was an old 2008 MacBook Pro running El Capitan.  The computer has never had the drivers or the utility installed so it seemed logical to start from a clean slate.  I installed the last HP driver from Apple and Mark's installer and everything is working as it should.

The second computer I tried to install it on was an ancient 2006 iBook G4 running 10.4.  No go, both installers from Mark's dropbox require 10.5

Finally, I tried a 2010 iMac running High Sierra.  It already had the drivers and HP Utility 5.38 but the utility did not show the Color Measurement menu option.  For the heck of it, I decided to try to install the utility from Mark's 'El Capitan' installer without uninstalling everything first.  After a very long install, it finally completed.  The Color Measurement menu is there, you can select "Print and measure. . .", as well as the other options and it will proceed to the select the number of patches window.  Like the MacBook Pro, I didn't go beyond that but it seems to working.  Interestingly, it must have installed "missing" components because the Utility still shows the version as 5.38 (Mark's is 5.33).

Also, the installer will not work on a 2020 iMac running Catalina (10.15.7).  When you try to run the installer, it gives a security error about not being able to check for malicious software.

I have a few more Macs with different OSes I'll eventually test it on.  I'll post the results if and when I do.

I'm running 10.15.7. I control+clicked on the installer, clicked "open" from the drop down menu, and was then able to run and install the utility. It's working great for me now.

deanwork

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2021, 05:23:20 pm »

On the 2020 utility installer it’s not HPs fault but the newer Mac OS blocking you.

You need to go into the Mac Systems Preferences and go to Permissions and uncheck the box that is preventing 3rd party “unknown” software from being recognized. Then it will install.

John

PaulStL

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2021, 07:06:47 pm »

Thanks John, I knew it had to do with Apple's security measures.  I didn't have any intentions of installing on the 2020 iMac because I just recently installed the universal raster drivers and they're the first drivers that have correctly installed since I got the machine last fall.  It's been a PITA working on one machine and going to another to print so I was thrilled when the universal worked.  I tried drivers downloaded on 8/20/20 and 1/7/21 and neither installation was successful.  I was really just seeing if the installer would run and when it didn't, I didn't even bother with the bypass measures.  I probably should have tried before I posted.    ;D

Hyatts3:  Did you already have a version of the HP Utility installed or did you go from a clean slate?  If you did, any idea which driver and utility version?

hyatts3

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2021, 09:45:23 am »

Thanks John, I knew it had to do with Apple's security measures.  I didn't have any intentions of installing on the 2020 iMac because I just recently installed the universal raster drivers and they're the first drivers that have correctly installed since I got the machine last fall.  It's been a PITA working on one machine and going to another to print so I was thrilled when the universal worked.  I tried drivers downloaded on 8/20/20 and 1/7/21 and neither installation was successful.  I was really just seeing if the installer would run and when it didn't, I didn't even bother with the bypass measures.  I probably should have tried before I posted.    ;D

Hyatts3:  Did you already have a version of the HP Utility installed or did you go from a clean slate?  If you did, any idea which driver and utility version?

I had a version of it installed previously. When I went to install this version from Mark it initially gave me the same security error but control+click and open allowed me to install it. Unfortunately I can't remember what version I had installed, I didn't double check that before installing Mark's version.

glyph

• Ron H.
    • Glyph Art Studio
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2021, 08:28:16 pm »

I had major struggles getting my freshly reinstalled copy of Mojave on my old MacBook to see my printer and let me add it, but it is all finally working now, and my printer is creating it's first new profile in 3 years. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Mark!

PS. This laptop will be archived and will receive no more updates for the life of my printer. For practical purposes, I've preserved this hardware combination in amber.

🎉 🎁
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 09:55:24 pm by glyph »
Pages: [1]   Go Up