Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which printer?  (Read 709 times)

Jonathan Cross

Which printer?
« on: July 26, 2021, 10:17:05 am »

I have just changed from a windows PC to one of the new 24" iMacs.  I have had for a long time a Canon Pixma 9500 Mk2 A3+ (13" x 19") printer.  Canon no longer supports it so there is no driver for the iMac.

Can anyone suggest an A3+ pigment photo printer that has a driver for the iMac, please.

Best wishes,

Jonathan

Jonathan in UK

I.T. Supplies

Re: Which printer?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 11:22:30 am »

Best thing is to contact Canon's Hot Line for the drivers on new printers.  Older models from most manufacturer's and on a newer OS may not be compatible due to the legacy of the printer.

However, most current printers should be compatible with the current or next version of the OS pretty quickly or soon.  Since Canon doesn't show the drivers for the current version of Mac OS, it's best to check directly with them as they may actually have it and haven't uploaded to their site.  This was found out on a large format printer with the new version of Mac OS earlier this year.

800-423-2366

And Canon's Pixma Pro-300 is the newest model which should be compatible or Canon is working on it or haven't updated their site yet with the drivers.
https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/professional-large-format-printers/professional-inkjet-printers/imageprograf-pro-300-13-professional-photographic-inkjet-printer/imageprograf-pro-300-13-professional-photographic-inkjet-printer

Hope this helps.
IT Supplies
Pages: [1]   Go Up