Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dolgoch Falls, Wales  (Read 555 times)

Maradomma

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
Dolgoch Falls, Wales
« on: July 25, 2021, 05:36:14 pm »

Hi,
I would be grateful to have some critique.
Thanks,
Dom
Logged

Chairman Bill

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3352
    • flickr page
Re: Dolgoch Falls, Wales
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 05:43:09 pm »

I'm guessing some colour manipulation - is this Nik Color Efex Pro? I'd guess at the 'Indian Summer' pre-set. It would work better if the moss on the stones was still green; I've never seen brown moss on stones in a river.

Maradomma

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
Re: Dolgoch Falls, Wales
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 05:50:23 pm »

It's a modified take on one of the YouTuber Jamie Windsor's Kodak Aerochrome colour profiles.  I basically pulled it more into the orange/browns because to create a different look to the typical red/pink. 

Interesting view on retaining the green moss on the stones.  My original intention wasn't to create a realistic looking photo, but I will try to put some of the green back in to see the effect this has.
Logged

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: Dolgoch Falls, Wales
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 04:47:30 am »

A bit unnatural but I like the composition…
Logged
Francois

Chairman Bill

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3352
    • flickr page
Re: Dolgoch Falls, Wales
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 08:25:24 am »

  My original intention wasn't to create a realistic looking photo, but I will try to put some of the green back in to see the effect this has.

In that case, it's fine.

Slobodan Blagojevic

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 18209
  • When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Dolgoch Falls, Wales
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2021, 09:35:02 am »

...It would work better if the moss on the stones was still green; I've never seen brown moss on stones in a river.

+1

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Dolgoch Falls, Wales
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2021, 09:48:42 am »

+2.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)
Pages: [1]   Go Up