Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Color Target Recommendations - basICColor input 6 Pro  (Read 1139 times)

hyatts3

Color Target Recommendations - basICColor input 6 Pro
« on: July 21, 2021, 11:35:02 am »

I'm in the process of improving upon my ability to photograph paintings and get accurate colors. Previously I was simply using a ColorChecker Passport and the included ColorChecker Camera Calibration software. While it's served me well I definitely still have to do a decent bit of tweaking after the fact.

My plan is to purchase basICColor input 6 Pro. For anyone who has experience with this, do you think the ColorChecker Digital SG target is a good option to use with the software or is it worth it to go with something such as the considerably more expensive DT Next Generation Target 2? If I'm going to upgrade then I want to make sure that I'm making a meaningful difference in my workflow and reducing the amount of color editing that I have to do.

Thanks in advance for any input.

MichaelKoerner

• www.medien-atelier.at
Re: Color Target Recommendations - basICColor input 6 Pro
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 11:53:45 pm »

In my experience, CCSG does a great job in most instances, it is kind of industry standard not for nothing.

When reproducing paintings, if it is possible to work with patch sets made from actual painting pigments, I'd recommend doing so. The team of basICColor would support you in getting the patch set into input 6, AFAIK. In this video from Chris Campbell you find valuable input on those topics:

Richard.Wills

• Photofusion Photography Centre
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2021, 04:25:31 pm »

This video is pure gold.

Thank you Michael.

MichaelKoerner

• www.medien-atelier.at
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 09:42:10 am »

This video is pure gold.

I kind of thought the same when I saw it the first time :-)

Chris seems to be an amazing. (and rare) mixture of creative artist, photographer and "perfectionist" - with the ability to share his knowledge understandably. Great guy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up