Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seeking 4x5 Lens Input  (Read 1298 times)

hyatts3

Seeking 4x5 Lens Input
« on: July 19, 2021, 01:38:20 pm »

Hey everyone. I'm seeking some input. I've found myself with both a Nikkor W and a Fujinon W 150mm 5.6 lens (multi coated version). They're both in excellent condition. Look nearly new to me. It doesn't make sense for me to keep both and I don't have experience with either. If you had both of these and had to keep one and sell the other then which would you keep?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: Seeking 4x5 Lens Input
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 02:53:59 pm »

That's a question better asked in Large Format Film Photography forum.
https://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/index.php

hyatts3

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 03:00:15 pm »

Thank you Alan. I should've known to look for a more specific forum. I'll take the question there.

AndrewMcD

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2021, 03:16:30 pm »

You'll get some good technical info from the other site, however, I find it's worth using both lenses with film. That will tell you what *you* like rather than the specs. I've had tons of lenses that were supposed to be technically superior, but I hated the way things looked through them.

Two23

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2021, 06:23:58 pm »

I highly doubt you will see any difference in shooting either one.  For me it would come down to image circle.

Kent in SD
Qui sedes ad dexteram Patris,
miserere nobis.

DanielStone

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2021, 08:16:36 pm »

Hand them off to someone to hide behind their back, have them switch hands a couple times with your back turned to them so you can't see, then make a choice L or R. Then sell off the other one. Nikon and Fuji made top-tier glass, so I wouldn't get super picky, especially if you're shooting negative film and then scanning.

-Dan

AndrewMcD

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2022, 12:15:08 pm »

Hey everyone. I'm seeking some input. I've found myself with both a Nikkor W and a Fujinon W 150mm 5.6 lens (multi coated version). They're both in excellent condition. Look nearly new to me. It doesn't make sense for me to keep both and I don't have experience with either. If you had both of these and had to keep one and sell the other then which would you keep?

Just noticed this topic, here's a thread that might help from the LF forum.
https://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?139202-Nikkor-W-150mm-vs-Fujinon-W-150mm
Pages: [1]   Go Up