Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greeting cards?  (Read 480 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Greeting cards?
« on: July 10, 2021, 10:16:51 am »

My wife has become a very skilled bird photographer and is looking to produce some greeting cards to sell locally. I am hoping to get some recs for printing companies that do this well for small runs. Thanks.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Greeting cards?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2021, 11:10:13 am »

At some point, I was using greeting card templates that required you to insert your own 6x4 printed photo. That might be a cheap way to test the waters.

Roy Sletcher

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2021, 09:55:20 pm »

If you are considering going the INK-JET route to test the waters/market check the following Red River Paper website. They supply all the supplies needed for ink-jet card production:

Card stock details here

Envelopes and wrapping supplies.

I have been using their products for several years and have no hesitation in recommending their quality, reliability and service.

Look around for a utility that will convert your image to the desired card format. I have a Photoshop script purchased over ten years ago that converts images to the card format and includes the author's personal colophon with one mouse click.

Have attached a sample for your viewing, but it is not showing in the preview. Here's hoping it displays....

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2021, 10:25:23 am »

Thanks! We had been thinking about a commercial service but will certainly look into this.

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2021, 08:49:42 pm »

I print my own using stock from Red River. I've used some services in the past but it got too expensive.
A great deal on a Canon Pro-100 got me up and running for very little up front. Tourists like the cards.
-MattB

nokk

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2021, 07:49:02 pm »

i sell folded greeting cards (8x6" folded down to 4x6") that i get from uprinting.  i like the 14 pt uncoated cardstock with envelopes.  you can order as few as 25 cards ($29.89 for 25 with my preferred specs), but the more you order the cheaper it gets per card.  i usually order around 250 and it's about $130+s&h.
Pages: [1]   Go Up