Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Catalog import - ICC Profile bug  (Read 918 times)

Ben Rubinstein

Catalog import - ICC Profile bug
« on: July 04, 2021, 06:34:51 am »

Hi,

When importing sessions using custom ICC profiles to a catalog the profiles do not copy over. Stock C1 profiles copy over and show but with custom profiles there is simply no profile showing in Base Characteristics at all and none applied to the image. All other settings have copied over. This is a major issue as all my images have custom ICC profiles. I've tried importing whole sessions, just images or even packing as EIP with no luck.

Anyone else noticed this or perhaps does anyone have any ideas? We're talking about hundreds of thousands of images and hundreds of custom profiles.

Ben Rubinstein

Re: Catalog import - ICC Profile bug
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 04:56:40 am »

C1 have confirmed it's a bug, don't expect a fix in the next release. No idea how they haven't picked up on this yet, are pro studios simply sticking with sessions?

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 06:00:47 pm »

Are you importing the sessions into a catalog using the same computer used for the sessions? Otherwise make sure the custom profiles are copied in the other computer in the right location.

For instance, in Windows the custom profiles are located in the folder:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\CaptureOne\Color Profiles

I tested with C1 21 (14.3) and it works

Note: It must be the exact copy of the custom profile to work as C1 validates the hash, not just the file name.

Ben Rubinstein

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2021, 05:54:52 am »

Are you importing the sessions into a catalog using the same computer used for the sessions? Otherwise make sure the custom profiles are copied in the other computer in the right location.

For instance, in Windows the custom profiles are located in the folder:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\CaptureOne\Color Profiles

I tested with C1 21 (14.3) and it works

Note: It must be the exact copy of the custom profile to work as C1 validates the hash, not just the file name.

Thanks for the reply.

I have the original ICC profiles but just to make sure I imported the profile from an image in the session, saved it with the correct name and then ran import to catalog. Same problem.

Please note that this only happens with sessions created in previous versions of C1. If I make the session in 14.3 then import to a catalog in 14.3 then the custom ICC profiles copy over. I sent over a video screenshot, files and profiles to C1 who classified it as a bug.

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2021, 06:28:49 am »

I see, I tried only with 14.3.  What if you convert first the old sessions to 14.3 and then import into a catalog?
I looked into the database structure and the info about the icc profile is stored differently in sessions and catalogs. I suppose old versions of sessions did not have the information about the profile in the way that the catalog needs and leaves it empty.

Ben Rubinstein

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2021, 10:16:45 am »

I see, I tried only with 14.3.  What if you convert first the old sessions to 14.3 and then import into a catalog?
I looked into the database structure and the info about the icc profile is stored differently in sessions and catalogs. I suppose old versions of sessions did not have the information about the profile in the way that the catalog needs and leaves it empty.

Yeah, tried it but no luck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up