Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add music & Titles to 8mm movie scanned to DVD?  (Read 2706 times)

Dave Gurtcheff

Add music & Titles to 8mm movie scanned to DVD?
« on: July 02, 2021, 04:39:09 pm »

Not sure where to post this. I had a 200 foot 8mm Kodachrome movie scanned and put on a DVD disc. The disc was shipped but I do not have it yet (scheduled for delivery July 6). I would like to add music and maybe a few titles. Is there software that would allow me to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Dave in NJ

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
Re: Add music & Titles to 8mm movie scanned to DVD?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 04:58:58 pm »

Premiere Pro is able to read the video content of a DVD disc provided it is not protected (such as commercial movies). Then in Premiere you can do whatever you want regarding edits, titles and audio.

You will probably lose any menu from the original DVD (if any).

After you have done your edits, you will not be able to update the original DVD nor output to a new DVD from Premiere, as it does no longer offer that functionality since version 6.0, due to some licensing issues.

Anyway, you can export an mp4 file and use in a memory card or upload to youtube / vimeo.

If your video editor of choice does not read directly the DVD, then you need first to convert it using a "DVD ripper"

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: Add music & Titles to 8mm movie scanned to DVD?
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2021, 10:40:30 pm »

If you use Microsoft Windows 10, it comes free with Movie Maker.  That will work.  With it, you can edit the original DVD video cutting out stuff you don't need and adding music and titles etc. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up