Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What Color Space for WEB images?  (Read 831 times)

Dave Gurtcheff

What Color Space for WEB images?
« on: June 28, 2021, 06:57:44 pm »

Sony A7RIV 12-24mm lens at 24mm ISO 400 1/100 sec,  f11 hand held. I was always under the impression that images made for the web or email should NOT be PROPHOTO, which is my working space on my calibrated monitor. My prints from my Epson printers seem to duplicate this color space very well. I was under the impression web images should be something like Epson RGB so I usually use that color space for web images. I am posting TWO images, first Pro Photo and the second Epsom RGB. When looked at side by side on my monitor the Epson RGB image really looses its color punch and subtleties. Should I use my working Space as my profile for web images? Thanks in advance. I will also post over on the processing board. Thanks in advance.

Dave in NJ

84 year old Amateur still learning ;)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: What Color Space for WEB images?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 07:24:54 pm »

Neither colors look accurate.  There seems to be too much saturation.  If you want to compare, you ought to use normal lighting during the mid-day rather than sunset lighting when the colors are accentuated and hard to see which colors accurately reflect actuality. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up