Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: loss of color on the 800  (Read 845 times)

Herbc

loss of color on the 800
« on: June 24, 2021, 02:59:11 pm »

I have not used my Epson 800 for almost a year. You don't want to know why, it is covid related.
I ran a number of nozzle cleanings and now it will only print with just a touch of color.  The printout of the nozzle check shows
faint color, which is probably a clue, all the nozzles are working,
so, is there a simple cure?  I really don't plan on replacing all the
cartridges.

Balafre

Re: loss of color on the 800
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 04:48:13 am »

Sorry to hear this as I went through this drama with a 3800. 12 months is a long time and your 800 heads and maybe lines too are clogged and need flushing - call the Epson Tech. Sounds like you already tried to unclog them and were unsuccessful. You may not have to replace the cartridges but the lines and heads need flushing with pressure/solvent. There's no cheap solution, only less expensive ones, and it may end up using less ink overall if you just call the Cavalry now. Good Luck :)

rasworth

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 09:43:47 am »

You might want to remove each cartridge, agitate and replace, then run enough tests until the fluid in the tubes is completely flushed.  It's possible after a year the pigment particles settled to such an extent that the density delivered to the head was significantly decreased.

Richard Southworth

markgunion

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2021, 05:40:46 pm »

I agree with  rasworth .   If all the nozzles are working, then it may be a settling issue.   After cartridge agitation and reinstallation, you might consider printing solid color pages to clear each line of settled ink.   You will find these at:      https://www.marruttusa.com/printer-maintenance/inkjet-printer-purge-files.php
     Good luck!

Herbc

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2021, 05:19:19 pm »

I ordered the cleaning stuff from Marutt after listening to their videos and re-checking.  What is going on is: two colors are missing,
and the rest are faint.   Hopefully the cloth/cleaning fluid regimen will take care of it.  Thanks for all the replies. 8)

Herbc

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2021, 03:33:02 pm »

Halleluja:  Marut stuff fixed the problem.  It took 3 tries with the
"magic bullet stuff soaked cloth" over 3 days, and a few tries of head cleaning, but I am back in business.  I am going to set my reminder to print a page every week just to be sure - my ac was off most of the year, so that may have had some influence.  Very relieved not to
have to haul that monster to a shop.
Many thanks for the input.  Life saving 8)

markgunion

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2021, 10:04:19 pm »

Thanks for letting us know the outcome.   Glad to hear you found a process that worked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up