Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hardware acceleration fails to initialise with latest Nvidia drivers v471.11  (Read 1472 times)

Malcolm Payne

C1 fails to initialise its hardware acceleration after updating to the latest Nvidia drivers v471.11 released today. (Win 10, C1.21 v14.2.048, Quadro P4000 GPU)

The activity monitor starts automatically on opening C1 with the usual 'setting up hardware acceleration' message after loading new video drivers then terminates within a few seconds rather than the several minutes it usually takes. C1 Preferences shows the error message, 'Hardware acceleration doesn't work'.

Deleting the ImageCore folder and restarting C1 does not force a correct rebuild, although the new ImageCore folder does contain the expected three ICOCL files. However, the resultant ICOCL.bin file for v471.11 is only 48kB vs 279kB for the previous version of the drivers (462.31).

The process is entirely repeatable; reinstalling the previous 462.31 drivers re-enables the hardware acceleration, and reapplying the latest update disables it again.

Any corroboration/thoughts please? I'm not sure at present whether this might be an Nvidia bug or a C1 one. Nvidia drivers are usually pretty solid 'out of the box', so this glitch is a bit of a surprise.

Thanks.

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro

Not exactly the same combination, but just installed the driver version 477.11 and it works without issues
Windows 10 release 1909, quadro M1200, C1 21(14.1)

Malcolm Payne

Thank you for your additional feedback. I put a support request in to C1 a couple of days ago when this first occurred, but haven't had anything back yet other than an automated acknowledgement. I'll update when I hear anything further.

I did try the new driver again for a fourth time with identical results; the previous driver still works correctly, so it's a genuine issue, on this machine at least. I've never had any problems with Nvidia Quadro drivers previously.

One small correction to my original post: the correct size of the working ICOCL.bin file for the previous driver is ca. 29MB vs 48kB for the latest driver; I had misread the file size originally.

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro

An update, I installed the Nvidia driver 471.11 on another computer I have and experienced the same issue reported. C1 21 says hardware acceleration does not work, but all other software works fine. So I guess there is some incompatibility between the newest driver and C1

Windows 10 21H1, GeForce GTX1650

Malcolm Payne

Malcolm Payne

I've just had a reply back from Capture One to say that Nvidia are fixing the problem in their next scheduled driver update.

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro

New Nvidia driver v471.41 is out and apparently the issue has been solved. Now Capture 1 uses hardware acceleration again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up