Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: framed print for Damp area  (Read 416 times)

rogan

framed print for Damp area
« on: June 20, 2021, 08:36:18 pm »

Hello. I usually sell my fine art printed on Platine, mounted to dibond and framed. I have a 60x65 inch print a client wants to use in a non air conditioned pool house in New England. I've tried printing on aluminum and tend to not like it as it looks like....it was printed on aluminum. And very few aluminum printers print that large. Is there any way to do this that will withstand the elements? Thoughts?
Thank you in advance.

SharonVL

Re: framed print for Damp area
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 08:48:28 pm »

You don’t think your usual dry mounting will hold up? 

rogan

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 09:28:55 pm »

You don’t think your usual dry mounting will hold up?

I'm not covered about the dry mounting. More about the humidity on the actual print??

Rand47

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2021, 11:16:26 pm »

Hello. I usually sell my fine art printed on Platine, mounted to dibond and framed. I have a 60x65 inch print a client wants to use in a non air conditioned pool house in New England. I've tried printing on aluminum and tend to not like it as it looks like....it was printed on aluminum. And very few aluminum printers print that large. Is there any way to do this that will withstand the elements? Thoughts?
Thank you in advance.

Check out having your print laminated.  I’ve done this with good success with Platine.  You could have it wood mounted as here:

https://colorplak.com/colorlite-2/

And then seal the back of the wood mount w/ good quality sealer/paint of some kind to avoid humidity affecting the wood mount.  The laminated print can actually be wiped down with a damp cloth.  ColorPlak might even be able to “seal/paint” the exposed wooden portion before shipping.

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

mearussi

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2021, 11:23:56 pm »

Print it on White Film. It has a polyester base so it won't be affected by moisture.
Pages: [1]   Go Up