Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for suggestions for book-weight proofing paper in satin/luster  (Read 596 times)

michael_mutmansky

Hi folks,

A friend and I have been working on a book project and are developing spreads and mockups of the covers, etc. so that we can talk to a few university presses about taking on the publishing of the book.  It is not primarily a photography book, but most of the images in it will be mine (with a bunch of historical/archive images in it as well).

I want to print out some of the spreads onto a paper that is about the right weight and finish of what we might use for the book, but I've not really gotten into the world of proofing paper or book-weight papers at all, so I'm looking for some recommendations to get started.

Here's what I think we want based on my discussions with the main writer/author (he's a graphics designer, so he is developing the book design):

• Satin or luster finish with no texture
  • Book weight, so I presume 22# to about 32# approximately
  • Bright white, (presumably with OBAs)
  • Double-sided is good, but not necessary
  • I will use an Epson P800 printer, so Pigment ink compatible

I will profile the paper and the most important thing is that the paper make a good representation of the weight and finish of a final printed book.  We figure that we won't proof every spread, but if we decide to do that, it needs to be light weight enough to not produce a telephone book of thick paper.

Thanks,

---Michael

ZoeSanderson

Did you need help yet?

michael_mutmansky

Yes, still looking for recommendations.  This is an ongoing project, so it isn't completed at this time.

mearussi

elizabethrfals

I wish I could help you, but writing was never my strong suit and I was always helped by someone or by some services when I had to write an essay. I am struggling to write about the simplest topics, I just can't find the right words and also to develop them. This is why I read a lot of examples before writing. Last time, I have read the examples from here https://gradesfixer.com/free-essay-examples/martin-luther-king/ and I have managed to write an outstanding essay in less than an hour.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 10:08:23 am by elizabethrfals »
Pages: [1]   Go Up