Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printer purchase (advice please) Z9 vs 4100  (Read 589 times)

Peter J M

Printer purchase (advice please) Z9 vs 4100
« on: June 05, 2021, 06:45:18 pm »

Hello everyone,

For the last decade, my printer was a 44 inch HP Z3200 (non-PS model). No major issues besides the flaky firmware upgrades as well as the belt nightmares that required the open heart belt replacement surgery. If you had or have Z3200, you know that it barely sips ink, yet the print output is basically stunning (I mostly print B&W)

Printer driver support and the ink pricing (EOL printer can be a chore to get supplies for) forces me to look at the new offerings from HP and Canon. What is your recommendation? Should I stick with HP (Z9) or is Canon (4100) a better option? Both models seem to go for the same price

Thank you for your time

Peter

kers

• Pieter Kers
Re: Printer purchase (advice please) Z9 vs 4100
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 07:10:53 am »

Hello everyone,

For the last decade, my printer was a 44 inch HP Z3200 (non-PS model). No major issues besides the flaky firmware upgrades as well as the belt nightmares that required the open heart belt replacement surgery. If you had or have Z3200, you know that it barely sips ink, yet the print output is basically stunning (I mostly print B&W)

Printer driver support and the ink pricing (EOL printer can be a chore to get supplies for) forces me to look at the new offerings from HP and Canon. What is your recommendation? Should I stick with HP (Z9) or is Canon (4100) a better option? Both models seem to go for the same price

Thank you for your time

Peter

The Z3200 is an unique printer; If it works fine i would keep it running as long as possible.: a belt is 40$ and if you have done a replacement already it takes half a day work - there is a good video on LPScomputer...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 06:09:57 pm by kers »
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

mfrohman

Re: Printer purchase (advice please) Z9 vs 4100
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 03:40:23 pm »

Mark Lindquist revealed a belt-saving hack recently on the forum that may be helpful if you're trying to keep your z3200s going: https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=138400.0
2 x HP Z3200, Canon 4100, Epson p-800
Pages: [1]   Go Up