Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Portrait Pro - does protect eyelashes?  (Read 843 times)

kevs

Portrait Pro - does protect eyelashes?
« on: May 24, 2021, 08:18:29 pm »

I used Imagenomic for years, but they tripled their price and ended customer service, becoming a black hole.

So I got Anthropics portrait pro. I seems ok but when I use it, unlike Imogenic skin smoother, Portrait Pro does not seem to protect the eyelashes, am I right?

Which would be crazy as you want the eyelashes to be  tack sharp.

I emailed Anthropic many times and there is no reply,  support wise, not bad as non-existent Imagnomic,  but still abysmal support.  Thanks
Canon 5DS4/ 5D2/ Canon 16-35, 24-105, fixed 85, Profoto D1s

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen
Re: Portrait Pro - does protect eyelashes?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 02:54:35 am »

Strange. I don't have the latest PortraitPro and use it quite rarely but it definitely doesn't soften eyelashes when i use it.
Commercial photography is 10% inspiration and 90% moving furniture around.

Manoli

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 04:55:09 am »

I used Imagenomic for years, but they tripled their price and ended customer service, becoming a black hole.

So I got Anthropics portrait pro. I seems ok but when I use it, unlike Imogenic skin smoother, Portrait Pro does not seem to protect the eyelashes, am I right?
Which would be crazy as you want the eyelashes to be  tack sharp.
I emailed Anthropic many times and there is no reply,  support wise, not bad as non-existent Imagnomic,  but still abysmal support.  Thanks

Imagenomic alive & kicking, Excellent support, even on a Sunday helping w/ an installation issue, so not sure where your exerience stems from . but it's not mine or a multitude of others. As for tripling the price ... huh?

kevs

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 12:02:07 pm »

Martin thanks, here is sample

https://i.postimg.cc/X7JN1yzW/NOT-PROTECTING.png

See, not protecting eyelashes,  and even eyebrows is bit off. Now looking more, notice, not protecting, mustache either.  I think at least Imagenomic, would protect all that, but to be fair, I don't remember imagnomic showing the protecting as Portrait Pro does.. yet just remember Imagnomic working better to protect areas that are not skin.

Manoli, do you know George at Imagnomic? He was real great. Ok not quadruple triple right? Is was $75 year and now $200.  Why huge price increase? I emailed to asked. They don't reply to anything. There are many threads online that they don't answer anything. Seems like company bought by 3rd party and just take orders now and gone. 
If you have a direct specific email of someone with name, let me know and I'll email.  I've had zero luck getting any communication, and I was a happy loyal customer!

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2021, 12:42:46 pm »

I am on a shoot at the moment. I will have a closer look over the weekend and get back to you Kevs.
Commercial photography is 10% inspiration and 90% moving furniture around.

Manoli

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2021, 02:44:02 pm »

Manoli, do you know George at Imagnomic? He was real great. Ok not quadruple triple right? Is was $75 year and now $200.  Why huge price increase? I emailed to asked. They don't reply to anything. There are many threads online that they don't answer anything. Seems like company bought by 3rd party and just take orders now and gone. 
If you have a direct specific email of someone with name, let me know and I'll email.  I've had zero luck getting any communication, and I was a happy loyal customer!

Kevs,
Price wise, I bought in in 2008 and that was with a 50% discount - don't ask me why,I don't recall :))
I'm full on w/ Portraiture through all the iterations, right up to 3AI.
Most of the upgrades were free bar one , IIRC.
Moving fm Windows to Mac was free.
Resetting seats, also free (necessary if you upgrade your OS)
Upgrading to the full Lr/Ps bundle was relatively minimal.
Looking thru the ad mails, it's now frequently offered at 30% discount
It may have been bought out, they've expanded into motion too.

Support wise, I don't have a name, they sign off as 'Imagenomic Support'
There's a web based helpdesk: https://imagenomic.kayako.com
Else email Imagenomic Tech  at  'support@imagenomic.kayako.com'
If IIRC, you have to first open a support case through their web page. direct emails come later.

I hope you work it out .
M

kevs

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2021, 02:48:29 pm »

Manoli, thanks well you are a loyal happy customer like I was.

I'm telling you 100%, for me after, many years also, I need a full upgrade because of Mac OS.

They tripled- quadripled price, do not reply any email period. ( or maybe robotic email about upgrading)  And I posted about this on forums,  here, Photoshop, and many others who just bought it for the full exibortant price reported they get zero support. Nothing.

Again: if you have a direct email/ phone if real human there who will talk, PM it to me; otherwise just BLACK HOLE,  now...

Manoli

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2021, 12:45:58 am »

Kevs, checked the website.

https://imagenomic.com/Products/Portraiture
“ All current Portraiture licensees are eligible for a free upgrade to Portraiture 3.”

Look under special offers, and upgrades fm an earlier version to the latest are also 50% discounted.

The ‘black hole’ isn’t my experience.

kevs

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2021, 12:59:48 am »

Manoli, interesting, it does say:

All current Portraiture licensees are eligible for a free upgrade to Portraiture 3.   Software comes robot called , "ani" download

So I enter my last licence and it says expired, and then go in hall of mirrors on the site.   don't see email or form on site to ask anyone anthing.

kevs

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2021, 01:07:00 am »

Ok now being run by this odd company:

https://kayako.com/

All emails come from who knows what country, by robot called Ani.

Manoli

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2021, 01:55:26 am »

https://imagenomic.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/List

Knowledgebase:
I have my license key but it says expired
https://imagenomic.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/53/12/

I have my license key but it says expired
Posted by Imagenomic Support Team, Last modified by Imagenomic Support Team on 25 March 2019 12:39 PM

The keycodes only invalidate if you're entering the keycode wrong, don't have the correct version of the plugin installed, using something other than a keycode like a product ID, (product IDs look like this XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX) picking up leading and/or trailing spaces when you copy/paste the keycode or you're using the keycode for the wrong product. Please note that you can't use the Photoshop Portraiture keycode in Lightroom as each product has a separate keycode. All of our keycodes for plugins are 32 alphanumeric characters, all capital letters, with no O's (ohs), only zeroes and no spaces or hyphens.

You can copy/paste the keycode into TextEdit (mac) or Notepad (Windows) then copy from there into the license field making sure you don't pickup any extra characters. Make sure in mac TextEdit to select Format---Make Plain Text...Ok before you copy/paste the keycode into the license field.

Open up TextEdit on your Mac and copy/paste the serial keycode from your invoice into TextEdit.
Open up Photoshop, then Portraiture and make sure the License Key Installation screen is open. DO NOT fill out any info, leave all fields blank.
Hilite the keycode in TextEdit making sure that there is nothing hilited except the 32 characters of the keycode. This is a MUST!
Select Format--Make Plain Text in the TextEdit menu and allow the change
Press CMD-C on the keyboard or Edit Copy in the TextEdit menu.
Switch to the License Key Installation screen, click in the License Key field to make the cursor active in this field.
You can either right click and select paste from the popup menu or press CMD-V (Command and V at the same time) to paste the key in.
After the key pastes, go to the other fields and fill ALL of them in.
Press OK in the licensing screen.
Press OK once again in Portraiture.
Shut down Photoshop...Please DO NOT run Portraiture again or use any Photoshop or Lightroom command.
Restart your system.

Submit a ticket
https://imagenomic.kayako.com/Tickets/Submit

kevs

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2021, 02:13:02 am »

I think I got ticket going, the fact says expired means recognized it.
But then that contradicts: All current Portraiture licensees are eligible for a free upgrade to Portraiture 3.

Manoli

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2021, 02:53:57 am »

See what they tell you.
At least you’re up & running !
When they say ‘current’ I’m guessing they mean V2 , and the latest version is 3AI.
Pages: [1]   Go Up