Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3200 seems to have lost its mind?  (Read 332 times)

jrp55262

Z3200 seems to have lost its mind?
« on: May 23, 2021, 12:06:21 am »

I have a 44" HP Z3200 that started giving me problems.  We're running Windows 7, and printing using the raster driver through Photoshop CS5 (yes, it's an old setup, but it's worked up until now!).  The problem that we seem to be having is that the printer doesn't seem to be listening to all the settings from the driver.  Tonight we pulled a couple of test prints on photo luster paper.  First of all, setting gloss enhancer from the print driver didn't seem to have any effect; I had to set it from the front panel.  Then the print itself came out with a slight color shift and it scratched *VERY* easily.  Much more so than whenever we've printed on this paper in the past.  Almost as though it was trying to us MK ink on photo paper or something.

We printed this image last week with no problems, since then we ran a job with matte watercolor paper, and now we're having these problems... almost as though the printer is "stuck" with some of the watercolor settings.  Has anyone seen this?  Any fixes short of reinstalling the driver?

kers

• Pieter Kers
Re: Z3200 seems to have lost its mind?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 07:34:18 am »

You can run a diagnostic print ;
the idea is you use the printer software (firmware) to print it, so external software has no effect on it.
Use glossy RC media for it. the basic paper HP uses is   HP instant dry premium glossy paper.
Then you can see about all the nozzles, the GE etc.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

deanwork

Re: Z3200 seems to have lost its mind?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 09:42:29 am »

If it’s sticking after you restart both the printer and the computer, then delete all  hp software and reinstall.

You can run a diagnostic print ;
the idea is you use the printer software (firmware) to print it, so external software has no effect on it.
Use glossy RC media for it. the basic paper HP uses is   HP instant dry premium glossy paper.
Then you can see about all the nozzles, the GE etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up