Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slide Show creation software recommendation?  (Read 7180 times)

Dave Gurtcheff

Slide Show creation software recommendation?
« on: May 18, 2021, 12:55:04 pm »

CROSS POSTING:
Not sure where I should post this. I have made several slide shows with music using Proshow Gold. They went out of business. Their software had a nice library of royalty free classical music. I want to update my slide show, but alas,  I am having trouble with the software navigating where files are supposed to be, but the program says there are files missing. Not sure if the program became corrupted, or if I screwed up. I was afraid this would happen. Having made a dedicated place to file the completed slide show I was concerned where all the photos and music were stored. The photos were draggd and dropped into a dedicated place as the show was developed, and music downloaded from Proshow's library as I developed the show. I am willing to start from scratch all over again with new software, and make a new up to date slide show. Any recommendations? My show has music, fades, titles and dissolves, but nothing more complicated than that. It is about 30 minutes long. Background: I am an 84 year old amateur involved with serious photography since 1959 when I built my first darkroom. Here is a 4 minute bersion which will give you an idea what I need to do. Thanks all in advance
Dave Gurtcheff
Abbreviated show here:
http://Http://www.vimeo.com/428585063

Peter McLennan

Re: Slide Show creation software recommendation?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 06:59:34 pm »

Hi Dave.  Your link doesn't work for me, so I can't comment.

I've had good luck with a video editing program called "Da Vinci Resolve" from Blackmagic Design.  It's a big, complex software suite, but you don't have to learn it all in order to make slide shows with it.  Once you're happy with the result, you export (render) a video file that is self contained and easily posted to Vimeo or YouTube

Best of all, it's free.  Windows, Mac or Linux.

Here's what I did last week while I was learning to use it.   2 minutes.

https://youtu.be/xaYhFtIrEPc

Dave Gurtcheff

Re: Slide Show creation software recommendation?
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 02:42:29 pm »

Thank you Peter. VERY nice slide show. The moving panoramas: are they videos, or a single image that moves? I ended up getting NCH Prostage Slide Show Home edition at $34.99. I have not used it yet.
Here is the proper link to my 4 minute show:
Pages: [1]   Go Up