Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Switching from epson to canon is worth it?  (Read 996 times)

loomitz

Switching from epson to canon is worth it?
« on: May 09, 2021, 05:14:59 pm »

In December 2019 I made a pint head change to one of my two P9000s since after two years it started to show delamination, yesterday the yellow channel was clogged and I have tried everything and it seems that it will need a new head again. (bye bye $1800 usd)

Here in Mexico Epson does not offer a single day of guarantee on their new heads and I am tired.

Will the p9000 be worth swapping out for the new Canon Pro 4100?

As I said I have two P9000s, one for PK and one for MK, luckily I had little PK ink left, I print Daily I have my printers in a controlled humidity environment and even so I have problems with the Epson heads and their horrible technical service.

i print a lot of Hahnemuhle papers and canvas.

mearussi

Re: Switching from epson to canon is worth it?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 10:17:04 pm »

With Epson when you lose the head you're better off just tossing the printer than replacing the head because of the poor warranty they offer. I made the switch several years ago and even though the heads do have to be replaced periodically I can do it myself for a lot less money.

loomitz

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 01:44:50 pm »

With Epson when you lose the head you're better off just tossing the printer than replacing the head because of the poor warranty they offer. I made the switch several years ago and even though the heads do have to be replaced periodically I can do it myself for a lot less money.

Yes, Epson heads are driving me crazy :(

deanwork

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 04:35:14 pm »

If you are going to buy an Epson LF especially the newest ones, you keep it in warranty or don’t by one, it’s that simple. There are a lot of great things about the new Epson 9570, great image quality and great longevity and great speed, I think the color gamut and bw , and dither are spectacular, but if one of the 12 nozzles goes dead a head could cost you literally the entire price of the new printer. So keeping in warranty is mandatory, cost of doing business with them. If you can’t afford to do that go Canon or HP.

Yes, Epson heads are driving me crazy :(

loomitz

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 06:31:11 pm »

If you are going to buy an Epson LF especially the newest ones, you keep it in warranty or don’t by one, it’s that simple. There are a lot of great things about the new Epson 9570, great image quality and great longevity and great speed, I think the color gamut and bw , and dither are spectacular, but if one of the 12 nozzles goes dead a head could cost you literally the entire price of the new printer. So keeping in warranty is mandatory, cost of doing business with them. If you can’t afford to do that go Canon or HP.

That is why in the end we decided to go for the Canon, because even if we keep the Epson guarantee in Mexico, we can't expand it to 3 years and for the same reason they only give us one year.

For the same reason and even though we really like the quality of Epson, we chose to keep a P9000 the one that MK uses and to have a Canon Pro 4100.
Pages: [1]   Go Up