Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: hp z3200 error 47.01  (Read 281 times)

kuau

hp z3200 error 47.01
« on: May 03, 2021, 02:04:03 pm »

Ugh… Just when I thought I had resurrected my Z3200 24” PS printer from the dead by replacing the PSU and replaced some of the print heads, today I got the dreaded 47.01 error message which translates to a Starwheel motor issue, I tried a few different things to see if I can resurrect the situation yet nothing seems to work. So now I am looking at replacing the Starwheel motor which looks like a total PITA to do, I have to remove the PSU, etc which I just did a few weeks back, then replace the motor..

My Z3200 is over 11 years old now and I am wondering if its even worthwhile to dump more money into it or just go out and purchase a new 24” printer..

I don’t think I would consider another HP printer ala Z9+ just worried about the very poor support from HP these days and looks like they have not been keeping up with drivers, etc.. Any opinion on the new Epson or Canon printers in the 24” realm either the Canon 2100 or the Epson P7570

dandeliondigital

• http://www.dandeliondigital.com
Re: hp z3200 error 47.01
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 01:54:18 pm »

Hi Kuau,
I too have a HP Z3100PS printer, and I had mine serviced a while ago as a last resort. This ran kinda long, but this is a true story.

I had done the "belt job replacement," with the help of the forum info and videos online, and although I replaced the belt and got the machine back together just fine, something else prevented success.

I had run out of time so I quickly bought a new Z3200PS, and then it arrived damaged in shipping. HP was called out, and fixed that, and after consultation with the tech, I let HP service fix the older Z3100PS. The tech went all out, but had a terrible time tracking down the "issue,"  and in the end he fixed it by replacing a long piece of thin wire (reminded me of simple "bell wire") that ran the length of the back of the printer that got it working again. If anyone knows what that wire is called, please let me know.

Before he replaced that wire, he worked on the printer for weeks replacing part after part, and he replaced so many parts! Fedex brought box after box after box of parts, and when it finally came back to life I was relieved.

Fast forward to just the other day. I fired it up. The Z3100PS had been turned off while I was away from the studio for about a month. When I started it up expecting things to be fine as they have been for a long time...

I got an error, I looked it up in the manual and did what it recommended: pull the plug out, put it back in and restart. So I did, and it restarted, and this time I got a 2nd different error, so I looked it up and the same remedy was recommended and I did that again, and when I restarted it I got yet another 3rd different error, and the same recommended pull the plug out, put it back in and restart was followed yet again. The reboot for the 4th time came up totally OK. I printed out a diagnostic imagine, and all is spot on OK.

Pretty strange? Or not?

I wish I had a real answer for you, but I tell you of my experience to urge you to keep on going.

So long for now, Tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up