Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the Most Narrow Extension Tube for the Nikon Z Lenses  (Read 507 times)

Michael Erlewine

• MacroStop.com

Since there are no good macro lenses I know of for the Z7 II Nikon, I am trying to cobble together an autofocus Z lens with a very narrow extension. The best I have so far is the 85mm Z f/1.8 and an 11mm extension. Any ideas?
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com. Founder MacroStop.com, MichaelErlewine.com, YouTube.com/user/merlewine

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
Re: What is the Most Narrow Extension Tube for the Nikon Z Lenses
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 10:47:05 am »

I needed to quickly digitize several 35mm transparencies this week and used my 60mm AFS with the FTZ and it worked just fine. Fast and easy and the image quality on the Z6 was quite surprising. Normally, I'd run the scanner but didn't want to take the time for since most of the images were going to be reproduced as 5x7 at the most. IMO, the files are probably or nearly as good as a good scan with a lot less effort.

Generally in the field I'll use a Nikon 5T or 6T on my 24-200 or 70-200 AFS/FTZ and be done with it. Much more convenient than using tubes or a real macro lens since seldom do I need flat-field when I'm out in nature and it's nice to be able to change the framing without having to contort the tripod nor my body.
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 02:26:08 pm »

Wait for the 50 and 105 Micro lenses on the Nikon roadmap?

Michael Erlewine

• MacroStop.com
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 05:13:30 am »

Wait for the 50 and 105 Micro lenses on the Nikon roadmap?

Already doing that by default.
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com. Founder MacroStop.com, MichaelErlewine.com, YouTube.com/user/merlewine
Pages: [1]   Go Up