Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FujiGFX100 - internal battery?  (Read 967 times)

narikin

FujiGFX100 - internal battery?
« on: April 26, 2021, 11:02:00 am »

My GFX100 bugs out when the battery is removed. Wants date and time resetting each and every time.
I think it's due to the long pandemic shutdown when the battery in there was dead for a few months.
or this is some firmware bug - I shifted to latest version the other week...

Is this user replaceable, or needs a visit to Fuji?

Didn't notice this before as I was always charging direct through USB-C socket, with battery in place, rather than removing battery tray.
Recommend checking yours if you are in same boat.

Thanks

Remko

Re: FujiGFX100 - internal battery?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 03:42:09 pm »

Yes, there is an internal battery.

What you described points out to the internal battery not having enough juice. If the battery was dead for such a long time, as you described it, the internal battery very much can loose its power.
And if the internal battery is not loaded enough, you loose all your in-camera settings, including date and time.

I would suggest to first put a fully loaded battery in your camera, and leave it at least overnight. That will load the internal battery.

Than you can adjust the settings in your camera.

BTW Fuji has a free app in which you can save (and reload) your camera settings. It is called Fujiflim X Acquire.

cheers,
Remko

Rand47

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 10:37:32 am »

My GFX100 bugs out when the battery is removed. Wants date and time resetting each and every time.
I think it's due to the long pandemic shutdown when the battery in there was dead for a few months.
or this is some firmware bug - I shifted to latest version the other week...

Is this user replaceable, or needs a visit to Fuji?

Didn't notice this before as I was always charging direct through USB-C socket, with battery in place, rather than removing battery tray.
Recommend checking yours if you are in same boat.

Thanks

I think it’s a firmware bug.  You’ll notice (I hope) that all your other custom settings, MY MENU configuration, etc., are not “lost” when this happens.  It only asks for date/time info.  If the internal battery were “dead” you’d lose all your configuration, I’d think.  My GFX 100 does this also, but not every time I swap batteries.

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

narikin

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 12:50:12 pm »

Interesting!

Yes agreed its suspicious that it only asks for date/time, nothing else. Not language, not custom Fn's, etc.

I'm on most recent latest firmware: 3.02 from just 10 days ago. You ?

Rand47

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2021, 08:27:21 pm »

Interesting!

Yes agreed its suspicious that it only asks for date/time, nothing else. Not language, not custom Fn's, etc.

I'm on most recent latest firmware: 3.02 from just 10 days ago. You ?

Same, re latest firmware.
Be interesting to see if Firmware 4.0 in June resolves it.

Rand
Rand Scott Adams
Pages: [1]   Go Up