Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beautiful Day  (Read 405 times)

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
Beautiful Day
« on: April 18, 2021, 07:00:57 am »

During this second lockdown across Scotland, this location which is a favourite of mine, is just a couple of miles past where we have to go to do our weekly grocery shopping, so I thought what the heck, it's a beautiful day and I want some exercise, so why not go for a walk with my camera?

Yes I have shot this scene many times before and also shown several versions of this view on this forum before, but when it looks like this, then how can I stand in front of a view like this, without wanting to shoot it, endlessly???

Dave

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Beautiful Day
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 09:16:04 am »

... wanting to shoot it, endlessly???

I sometimes feel the jolt of joy just by hearing the sound of my shutter. Let alone in front of a timeless beauty.

francois

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 09:38:35 am »

Superb, clean, cold and calming. The shape of the cloud on the far left is very similar to those of the hills.
Beautiful shot!
Francois

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 11:09:30 am »

Very beautiful.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2021, 12:26:43 pm »

John R

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2021, 12:19:08 am »

During this second lockdown across Scotland, this location which is a favourite of mine, is just a couple of miles past where we have to go to do our weekly grocery shopping, so I thought what the heck, it's a beautiful day and I want some exercise, so why not go for a walk with my camera?

Yes I have shot this scene many times before and also shown several versions of this view on this forum before, but when it looks like this, then how can I stand in front of a view like this, without wanting to shoot it, endlessly???

Dave
Can't say it better. Lovely image.

JR

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2021, 05:40:02 am »

I wonder how many people have such nice views when going out for groceries!

Wonderful.

Bob_B

• It's all about light
    • Robert Belas Photography
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2021, 08:04:04 am »

I wonder how many people have such nice views when going out for groceries!

Wonderful.
Indeed! Serenity.
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com

KMRennie

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2021, 08:51:54 am »

Wonderful image Dave. Monday and they will let me over the border so get ready for tourists again. Ken

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2021, 02:16:41 pm »

I sometimes feel the jolt of joy just by hearing the sound of my shutter. Let alone in front of a timeless beauty.

Me too Slobodan, me too  ;)

Thanks everyone, you do keep making this old codger, a very happy old codger  ;)

Yes Paulo, this is indeed only a few miles from where we go to do our weekly shopping, so yes, what a lucky photographer I am, but that was the number one reason why we moved here in the first place, because it's just so gobsmackingly beautiful and photogenic. Although I must admit, it does still make me feel quite humble and thankful every time we go out to gawp at it all, and even after living here for ten years, it still has the power to take my breath away  ;D

Wonderful image Dave. Monday and they will let me over the border so get ready for tourists again. Ken

Yes Ken the time is just right, all the lambs are being born (as of today) and springing all over the place, the Cuckoos are just returning to make lots of cuckooing noises and the midges are still locked away in their underground vampire lairs for a few more weeks. So yes, get yourself up here as soon as you can, because as the old adage goes "It's fill yer boots time".

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up