Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rainbowing or moirée  (Read 668 times)

JerrySutherlin_5

rainbowing or moirée
« on: April 17, 2021, 04:21:20 pm »

While reading an article on the Seitz panarama camera I came across two points I can't not find clarification on. One is that it creates dng file which do not have rgb info on all pixels, and that this could lead to rainbowing or moirée. What situation would lead to the  rainbowing or moirée? I  thought all RAW files contained all infromation regarding the image?

regards, Jerry

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
Re: rainbowing or moirée
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 04:50:16 am »

Link?  Or is this just another one and done post?

JerrySutherlin_5

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 01:27:29 pm »

In an article posted on Luminous-Landscapes, https://www.luminous-landscape.com/setiz-6x17-digital/, the author stated the camera created files in dng (common Adobe raw format) and in these files all the pixels did not have RGB infromation, I was looking for clarification of this point. I was also looking for situations such as large areas of color, sky, or water, which banding could be produced. In the case of moirée the possibility of producing moiree as sometime is the case with NEF files produced by Nikon 800e cameras. If these questions are of little concern in most cases I will add this camera to my tool chest. Thank you for any insight!

Regards,

Jerry

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 02:04:16 pm »

Thanks for the link.  Although not described specifically it seems like a CFA. 

I found quite a few other websites that have some info, including the Sietz/Roundshot website, although no comments on susceptibility to moiré.  If no-one here has used the camera and can help then I'd suggest getting in touch with Seitz, or maybe one of the photographers they show.  Moiré does depend a lot on use, for example I very rarely see it in my land/seascapes.
https://www.roundshot.com/xml_1/internet/en/application/d149/d205/f229.cfm

JerrySutherlin_5

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2021, 02:32:34 pm »

Thank you, contacting Sietz, I will post anything of interest.

Regards,
Jerry
Pages: [1]   Go Up