Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What to replace a z3100 with  (Read 454 times)

Endeavour

What to replace a z3100 with
« on: April 12, 2021, 11:22:24 am »

My z3100 is starting to fall apart.

The printer has sat idle for a year due to one reason or another and as such no matter the amount of cleaning (manual and in-printer) of the printheads, a couple of them wont play ball and need to be replaced

ontop of this, the secondary little roller strip has lost some of the metal spiked wheels which is causing the paper to scrunch up and jam
even if I replace all the printheads I cant be sure all the ink lines are good and dont want to be throwing good money after bad trying to fix it and find the next issue.

I love printing wide and I want to print in high quality for gallery submissions and sales of my prints. Should I try and find another z3100, which I can salvage working parts from my existing one should I need?

Or is it time to upgrade to a newer model? I am on a tight budget due to covid, so will most likely be buying used (which has its own dangers of course) I loved the results the vivera inks gave me (but cried at the cost to replace all 12 cartridges)

Mark Lindquist

• it’s not about the photos we take - it’s the ones we leave
    • LINDQUIST STUDIOS
Re: What to replace a z3100 with
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 12:28:29 pm »

My z3100 is starting to fall apart.

The printer has sat idle for a year due to one reason or another and as such no matter the amount of cleaning (manual and in-printer) of the printheads, a couple of them wont play ball and need to be replaced

ontop of this, the secondary little roller strip has lost some of the metal spiked wheels which is causing the paper to scrunch up and jam
even if I replace all the printheads I cant be sure all the ink lines are good and dont want to be throwing good money after bad trying to fix it and find the next issue.

I love printing wide and I want to print in high quality for gallery submissions and sales of my prints. Should I try and find another z3100, which I can salvage working parts from my existing one should I need?

Or is it time to upgrade to a newer model? I am on a tight budget due to covid, so will most likely be buying used (which has its own dangers of course) I loved the results the vivera inks gave me (but cried at the cost to replace all 12 cartridges)

New 24" Z3200ps
Mark Lindquist
http://z3200.com, http://MarkLindquistPhotography.com
Lindquist Studios.com

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 01:21:30 pm »

After 14 years of using a Z3100 i just were lucky to find a good second hand Z3200 replacement.
What makes the Z3200 better? what i found: The red ink is far better -redder on matte media,
The ink load and GE load kan be changed in percentages, to get the best possible print
and some people know how to make xxxpatches profiles with it.
( i use my old HP software that i bought with the Z3100 and can get to 2744 patches automatically - works on the z3200 too)
Then the second starwheels can be automatically lifted to have no starwheel trces on certain papers.
because it is newer it also is faster for it has more memory, a faster harddisk and ethernet connection.
As a zZ3100 machine user , you know the machine and the ink is the same and still has the best lightfastness of all.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 01:25:59 pm by kers »
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

John Hollenberg

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2021, 06:36:21 pm »

New 24" Z3200ps

That seller has 71% negative reviews in the last 30 days.  Sounds like a scammer.

Endeavour

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 07:15:44 pm »

That seller has 71% negative reviews in the last 30 days.  Sounds like a scammer.

and unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) wont ship to Canada
Pages: [1]   Go Up